Chapter Fifty-Eight.

Hey! I'm not particularly thrilled with how this chapter is written but I tried writing it so many different ways and this was the best out of all my attempts!

Please vote and comment, tell me what you think :)

**

When I opened my eyes the next morning, everything was silent.

Except for the birds chirping outside and the low humming of the heating being on, there were no other noises. I wasn’t entirely sure of the time, but daylight was peeking out behind the curtains and considering the mornings were darker now we were nearing winter, I was guessing it must have been quite late in the morning.

I blinked a couple of times, trying to adjust to the light, before attempting to move. At the slightest movement, an ache broke out through my head, and I immediately groaned. I felt terrible.

I exhaled deeply and kicked the covers off, instantly coming to the realisation that I was still in my clothes from last night—apart from the jacket I was wearing that I knew for sure didn’t belong to me. For one thing, it was too big, and when I reached into the large pocket, I managed to find a small half-empty bottle of vodka and a packet of cigarettes. I frowned and sat up, stretching my mind to remember something, even if it was the tiniest detail. Suddenly, Blake flashed into my mind.

Another groan escaped my lips, this time at the memories that were flooding back into my head. Without even thinking about what I was doing, I began to unscrew the cap on the bottle, raising it to my lips and taking a couple of sips of the vodka. I immediately cringed, but my mouth was too dry for me to care.

I probably would’ve drunk some more if it hadn’t been from the cough that suddenly came from behind me. Jumping, I turned around to see Zacky stood in the doorway. His gaze dropped from my face to the bottle in my hands, and he immediately scowled.

“Started already, I see.” He said, shoving his hands into his pockets and walking into the room as he glanced at the clock. “At...eleven in the morning. Jeez, you are so fucking responsible. Please teach me to be like you.”

I wanted to react to his sarcasm, but my head was pounding too much to let me form any kind of reply. I simply just stared at him, placing the bottle down. Silently, he walked further in and slumped down into the chair in the corner, continuing to stare at me.

“I—‘’

“You fucking stupid little girl.” He snapped, interrupting my first attempt to speak. “What the hell were you thinking?”

Timidly, I shrugged.

He scowled. “I don’t know why I’m even bothering to ask. I mean, it was probably something along the lines of my dad’s busy with his parents so I can go out and get off of my face on drugs and alcohol as much as I want.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.” I matched his scowl.

“Oh, do I not?”

I shook my head, somewhat intimidated by his harsh gaze. I wanted to seem as strong as possible, but even looking at him was getting me upset all over again.

“Well whether I know what I’m talking about or not, it’s safe to say your dad is fucking livid.” He shrugged casually, which caused my stomach to drop. “He’s happy for me to carry on keeping an eye on you until his parents are gone, though. We both agreed it was best for you not to be around them after your little stunt last night.”

Of course I knew my dad was going to find out, but it didn’t stop worry coursing through me anyway. I’d half hoped that Zacky would just treat it as a one off and keep it between us, but now that my dad was aware of what had happened, I was absolutely dreading going home at the end of the week.