Chapter One.

So, I said I was on a break from writing?

It was sort of true...well, maybe not. I was just starting to write this. It's a Jason Berry daughter/father one, but Zacky's going to have some involvement as well, aw ;)

Thank you to DrVengeance for making the cover, it's amazing! And thanks Charlesssssss for the help baberr!

I do not own Avenged Sevenfold or Huntington Beach, but the idea is all mine.

Please vote and comment! Tell me what you think! :D

**

Squeals and screaming; that’s what I’d been subjected to.

I wanted to bury my head under something; anything. Anything would do. The amount of times that the six year old boy from next door had run around my lawn chair in circles, was enough to give absolutely anyone a headache.

Closing my eyes, I pinched the bridge of my nose and laid my head back so that the sun was shining directly onto my face. This was not my ideal way of spending the summer holidays. It was actually sunny in England for once and instead of enjoying sitting in the sun on my own like I’d planned, my mother had decided to go ahead and invite the neighbours round for a barbecue.

Next door had four kids. The oldest one, Kyle, was three years younger than me at the age of fourteen, and was probably the most unsociable person I’d met in my life. Jade, the second oldest, was eleven and a Barbie in the making. Lucy, the eight year old, was alright, actually. I could tolerate her, because she was a sweet little thing, but she was happy with just sitting in the corner and colouring pictures or whatever. She didn’t constantly pester.

But then there was Max. He was by far the most annoying six year old I had ever come across in my life. I was literally near to ripping my hair out.

Sighing, I dug my iPod out of my pocket and placed my headphones in my ears, then blasting out some Pantera and trying to block out the whining that was coming from Max. I was just starting to relax for a second, until the headphones were ripped out again, and I looked up to see my mum standing before me, shaking her head at me.

“Honestly, Jasmine.” She sighed, annoying me already with the use of my actual name. “You could try socialising a little more, you know.”

“I said hi to them when they got here.” I retorted. “How much more sociable do you want me to be?”

“A lot more. And less cheeky.” She turned and wandered back inside, muttering to herself about me as always.

I shut my eyes again, but it was only a moment or so before I felt a constant tugging on my arm, and I reopened them, annoyed.

What?” I spat out, looking at the six year old that was staring up at me.

“I want to play a game!” Max declared, tugging on my arm again.

“That’s nice.” I plastered on a smile, determined not to move from my seat.

“Hide and seek!” He then yelled. “Will you play it with me, Midge?”

“I’m actually kind of busy right now, so—‘’

“That’s a great idea!” My mum interrupted my excuse, suddenly appearing again. “It’ll give you both something to do. Go on, Midge!”

Clenching my teeth, I stared down at Max for a second. He was looking back at with an excited expression, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

“Ugh, fine!” I eventually gave in with a sigh. “One game!”