Chapter 32 -Offending WangYuDong Unexpectedly

ZhouXiang's face paled. He didn't dare to lift his head. He could feel many pairs of eyes on him. Those piercing eyes are like needles, making it impossible for him to sit or stand from his nervousness.

He cursed Director Wang and WangYuDong a hundred times in his heart. These two bastards fighting, why must they always involve him?

President Wang tried to appease the atmosphere, "Aiyah. Director Wang, calm down. There are some misunderstandings between you two. Let's discuss of ways to resolve it. No need to be so agitated."

Director Wang is far from agitated; he wanted to stand up and slam the table, "There is nothing to discuss. I think ZhouXiang is good. I'm recommending him to be the lead. ZhouXiang, do you dare to accept the role?"

ZhouXiang looked up and WangYuDong's eyes are like a knife that fell sharply on his face. ZhouXiang smiled reluctantly, "Director Wang, you must be joking."

"Who is joking with you, I never joke. I've spent my lifetime making films. My assessment of people is pretty good. If I feel that you can take it on, then you definitely can. Agree to it now. As long as you agree, the lead role is yours!"

Several investors were unable to sit still and began to mediate between the quarrelling parties.

They've invested money into the film and had publicly promoted WangYuDong as the leading actor. So changing the lead role to a merely unknown stuntman at the last minute, who is going to be fine with that? Even President Wang wouldn't be.

ZhouXiang really wished that he can get up and leave at this time. Now he doesn't even want a penny or any supporting role. He just wanted to be farther away from this production team. WangYuDong's power is now flourishing. Adding on, he has the Yan family's backing, if he offended WangYuDong, will he still be able to work in the Entertainment industry in the future?

He just wanted to make a living; he didn't want to hit it big with significant ups and downs.

WangYuDong implicitly asked, "ZhouXiang, what's your stance? Director Wang is so adamant on recommending you, you can't let him down, right?"

CaiWei wanted to help ZhouXiang but before he could even open his mouth, President Wang stopped him. CaiWei does not have enough weight; whoever talks at this time may become cannon fodder.

President Wang stood up, his expression unsightly and his tone not very polite, "We've already cooperated to this extent, the promotion costs have been expended and the budget has also already been invested, to have such fall-out at this time is not beneficial to anyone right? Now with all three investors present, to say this bluntly, the bosses are the ones putting out the money. The grievances that you two have are personal grievances. How about give us investors some faces. Don't let your emotions affect your decision and bring your personal grievances to work, okay?"

President Wang's background is not to be underestimated. With that being said, no one really dared to offend him and the conference room is silent once again.

After a long while, WangYuDong said, "Wang Ge (referring to President Wang), I definitely don't' dare to not give you face, but Director Wang really went too far. Talking about what's at stake, I am also someone with prestige. Director Wang have already given this role to someone else, I can't be shameless enough to demand it from him."

These words implied that Director Wang would have to swallow the words he spit out.

Director Wang, this stubborn old man is determined not to compromise. He drank some water and slowly uttered, "President Wang, I am not letting my emotions affect my decision. In my heart, ZhouXiang is more suitable for this role than WangYuDong. I can give you many reasons and also be able to convince all of you."