Chapter - 49 Sneaking Into His Own Home

When Assistant Jiang received the call from ZhouXiang, he wasn't surprised. There are many people who wanted to get in contact with him. However, he dared not treat ZhouXiang like any others in randomly dismissing him. His big boss personally invited ZhouXiang for a meal. He has worked for YanMingXiu for over a year and has never seen him pay so much attention to one person. Who knows what his boss is thinking. He only knows that he can't offend ZhouXiang.

The two of them chatted politely for a while. ZhouXiang used the excuse of wanting Assistant Jiang to introduce him to others as they continually chatted. In the end, he was able to successfully get YanMingXiu's itinerary.

ZhouXiang got a more precise time. YanMingXiu will be flying to Chongqing next Thursday. But it wasn't work relating to the entertainment circle but dealings with his own business.

Most of the people in the entertainment circle called YanMingXiu "President Yan" because YanMingXiu is unlike most performing artists who are constantly called to participate in various types of programs or to participate in public activities. YanMingXiu has his own company. It fact, it was doing quite well.

Besides filming or advertising, YanMingXiu literally does not participate in any social activities. He didn't seem to care about his exposure rate just as long as he has works from time to time to ensure that the public will not forget him.

According to Assistant Jiang, YanMingXiu would not be able to return till at least Sunday with this meeting in Chongqing.

ZhouXiang decided not to hesitate any further. He will take action on Thursday night.

After dinner on Thursday night, ZhouXiang watched TV with ChenYing as usual. Shortly after 10pm, he used the excuse that he was meeting a friend to go out. He had initially planned on going out in the middle of the night and not tell ChenYing but he came to realize that ChenYing is a very light sleeper. It would be much more troublesome if she found out.

He prepared a series of things: a hat, sunglasses, mask, flashlights, pliers, etc. With all this tools, definitely no one would think that he's actually going back to "his own home" but instead would think of him intending to steal.

ZhouXiang also felt pitiful and ridiculous. He had to go back to his own home to get his hard-earned money. But in order to do so, he needed to "steal" it. There is no other way. If he was caught looking like this, he certainly would be considered a thief.

He got to the corridor of his own neighborhood and waited for a while to give himself the courage. After confirming no one was around, he quickly pulled out the spare key from the fire box and shuddered while using it to open the door's lock.

He looked for a long time standing outside the door. There was not a bit of light within. There shouldn't be anyone but he was still so nervous that he was trembling all over.

The security door to his condo was the same as before. It is not so easy to open. Even after the key is inserted, he needed to hold the door handle up to make the key fit perfectly with the keyhole. The sound of the gear rotation is especially loud in the middle of the night, gently pounding at ZhouXiang's heart.

The door opened!

ZhouXiang looked around again. He quickly turned the door handle to the wooden door inside and walked into the condo, quietly closing the door.

The condo was filled with a muggy dusty smell. ZhouXiang immediately come to realize that no one had come to this condo for some time. In this season, if the windows are not opened for several days, there will be this kind of stifling smell. It seems that YanMingXiu does not live here.

ZhouXiang didn't dare to turn on the light. Instead, he turned on his flashlight and scanned the room. The light of the flashlight and the glimmering moon enabled him to see his home once again.