Chapter 57 - Feeling Desperate

ZhouXiang made an arrangement with the doctor to have his kidney tested for compatibility the next time he come. This he did secretly behind ChenYing's back. Even if his kidney is a match, the first issue is that he has no money for the surgery and second is that he's afraid ChenYing would rather die than to agree to accept his kidney.

But no matter what, he has to give it a try. At least there's more hope to save her.

Although ZhouXiang felt a little fearful on the possibility of having a kidney removed, he had no reason to back down. This body was not his to start with, but belonged to this youngster named ZhouXiang. He was just a dying person fortunate enough to have his soul hosted in this body to continue on living his life. This youngster is ChenYing's son. On this body that hosted his soul, every strand of hair, skin and even this life came from ChenYing. He is the closest relative to ChenYing. He cannot evade nor can he be selfish.

After the two of them returned home, the atmosphere in the small apartment is like a dark cloud pressing down on them; it is extremely heavy. ZhouXiang went into the kitchen and quickly made two bowls of hot noodles.

His cooking skills had always been good, but after rebirth, these trivial things have always been taken care of by ChenYing. He was never allowed to do housework. This stubborn woman has always put her utmost effort into doing what a mother should do for ZhouXiang.

ZhouXiang often thought that if his own biological mother was alive, she would probably be like this too.

ZhouXiang coaxed her for a long time before she finally ate half a bowl of noodles.

ZhouXiang, "Mom, you'll have to do dialysis treatment twice a week from now on. You can't miss even one."

ChenYing shook her head painfully.

The dialysis treatment today took nearly five hours. During treatment, every minute and every second was torment, especially if one has to live like this twice a week for maybe more than ten years, anyone would feel hopeless. Not being able to do anything or go anywhere, adding on having to expend immense effort and expense. Living like this......ChenYing would have rather that she had cancer so she could just die early and not burden her son.

ZhouXiang could almost guess what was on her mind from seeing her expression. This made him panic endlessly. He still has to work so it's not possible for him to go with ChenYing every time. If he doesn't go, he's afraid that ChenYing would certainly not go. Pondering over and over, he decided to find a caretaker. Although that is an additional expense, the caretaker can care for ChenYing and take her to the hospital. This is a must-pay expense. Beside this, he has no other ways.

He thought of the auntie who took ChenYing to the hospital with him last time. The auntie was also doing monthly training with ChenYing and had mentioned that she also wanted to be a caretaker. She seemed very enthusiastic, strong and healthy so she should be suitable for this role. ZhouXiang immediately decided to call this caretaker tomorrow.

But if he hired a caretaker, this apartment would be too small. It would be best to change to a bigger place. He can't have them all squeeze in one small room right?

ZhouXiang became instantly terrified and distressed. The more he thought, the more this is becoming outrageous. Where is he going to get so much money? If he really hired someone to take care of ChenYing now, it would have already exceeded his limit. The money he earned during this time could only support them for two to three months, any longer......

After two to three months, he would have no money to treat ChenYing's illness. Even food and lodging would become a problem. At that time, what should he do? What should he do? What should he do?