Chapter 84 Going To See the Body

The next morning, the three of them took the first flight to GuangXi. Once they got off the plane, they switched to a car and drove toward XiWan Mountains. It took them more than ten hours before they finally arrived at the location nearest to the village in the afternoon of the next day.

ZhouXiang still had an impression of this village. When he went to the mountain that year, this was the last place they stayed at to reenergize. This was also the last place where he had his last phone call with YanMingXiu in his own identity.

Three years have passed. This small village is entirely different from his memory. It is not the village itself that has changed but that when the villagers knew that outsiders have arrived, they all came out in crowds to take a look.

When the three of them arrived at the entrance of the village, they were stopped by two people wearing casual clothes. The short hair stubbles on their heads and their stiff temperament and unified movements and expressions made it obvious that they are soldiers at just a glance.

CaiWei asked, "Dai Ge (T/N), what's the matter?"

T/N: Dai Ge (大哥) is used to address an older brother or unrelated older male.

A soldier responded, "What are you guys doing here? Something happened in this village recently. No outsiders are permitted to enter."

CaiWei is astonished, "Could it be the corpse......has already arrived here?"

The soldiers looked at him strangely, "Who told you guys to come here?"

"The party in charge, a member from that crew informed us. We are friends of the deceased and are here to identify and claim him."

The soldiers hesitated for a moment, "Wait a bit. I'm calling for someone to come out." Then he turned and went into the village.

The three people waited at the village entrance, looking at each other.

CaiWei said imposingly, "What is going on? Why even the troops are brought here? And looking at their stance, there seem to be many of them."

LanXiRong looked inside the village, "Not sure but I'm guessing it's YanMingXiu that got them here."

ZhouXiang didn't pay much attention to what they were saying at all. When he was standing at the village's entrance, thinking that his body might be inside, he felt such agonizing pain. He is really afraid to see his 'own' decomposed or skeletal body but he must go and see, even if it was only to bid farewell to his body.

This would also allow him to completely let go. No one in the world could understand his mood at the moment, this kind of indescribable pain.

After a while, a soldier came out with a gloomy looking fat person.

CaiWei recognized at once that this was the person in charge of the crew that year. His surname is Xue. He has been sent here by his boss to handle this matter. After discovering the body, there are a series of matters that needed to be dealt with, such as compensation for ZhouXiang as well as the set of equipment that was worth more than a million yuan. CaiWei heard that because the equipment was still missing, the insurance companies were still hassling with them.

"Xue Ge," CaiWei walked over and shook hands with him.

Xue Ge's expression looked flushed as if he had just quarreled with someone. He says breathlessly, "Ah, you're here. Come on in......Huh? Why did you bring so many people? I've only prepared one room for you."

CaiWei responded, "XiRong is also Ah Xiang's friend. He insisted on coming to see. This person (ZhouXiang) here is from my company and my boss wanted him to come along to help me handle things."