Chapter 46 - Seeing LanXiRong Again

ZhouXiang saw the little niece at CaiWei's house. The little girl was running all over, being very adorable and lively. She especially liked him and stuck to him as soon as he entered the door.

CaiWei said with a smile, "Strange, my little girl is very reserve with everyone. She had never been so close to strangers. You're the first one."

When ZhouXiang was holding the little girl, his heart is full of emotions. When she was still in sister-in-law's belly, he had gently touched her. He could even recall her little movements inside the belly. But now, the child is so big. He is a person who had died and came back to life, but the little person in his arms is a purely new life. For a moment, all sorts of feelings welled up in his mind.

During dinner, ZhouXiang was feeling very unsettled. After all, CaiWei and his wife are too close with him. He had already said something wrong during the day. Now he's even more careful, his entire person becoming overcautious. Sister-in -law laughed at him, saying that he's too shy. ZhouXiang really has an unspeakable suffering.

After dinner, ZhouXiang refused CaiWei's offer to take him home. He took the bus instead.

When he arrived home, it was pass 10pm. ChenYing was still waiting for him to give him a bowl of dong quai (T/N) chicken soup.

T/N: dong quai or angelica sinensis is an herb widely used in Chinese traditional medicine for  health, cardiovascular conditions, osteoarthrosis, inflammation, headache, infections, mild anemia, fatigue and high blood pressure.

ZhouXiang felt that being able to experience this maternal love at all times has been the greatest gift since his rebirth. This is the thing most worthy for him to cherish.

-----

YanMingXiu's assistant, Xiao Jiang, contacted CaiWei the next day. The two people knew each other but aren't too familiar. But still, Xiao Jiang thought that CaiWei will definitely agree. After all, for a newcomer to be in a commercial with YanMingXiu is like a big gift from the sky.

He never thought that CaiWei would flat-out refuse.

Xiao Jiang is shocked, thinking what is wrong with CaiWei, isn't this harming ZhouXiang's career? This is a rare opportunity; will there be a second time in this life?

So he questioned CaiWei but CaiWei didn't dare reveal his hatred toward YanMingXiu. CaiWei is shocked by the fact that YanMingXiu would look for ZhouXiang so he subconsciously wanted to refuse for him. He pondered over it and merely responded, "I have his work fully booked so he won't have any extra time. Moreover, his health isn't good. He can't work too much."

These words were obviously his half-hearted response. Xiao Jiang had his doubts but obviously didn't want to point it out bluntly. Since CaiWei put it in such a way, he also couldn't force the matter. He can only hang up the phone and planned on discussing with YanMingXiu first before doing anything.