Chapter 119 - We Are Free

Initially, he thought that he would be taken to a residential area but he quickly realized that it was the wrong route. Remembering how YanMingXiu got beaten by YanFei, he couldn't help but worry what YanFei would do to him. Someone who could do that to his own son, what can't he do to an outsider he disliked. ZhouXiang can't help but worry about his own personal safety.

When he went downstairs to buy food, he only brought his keys and ¥200. He didn't even bring his cell phone so even if he wanted to call YanMingXiu at this time, he couldn't. Laughing at himself for making a fuss, at the same time, he felt that this matter is not that simple.

The military vehicle took him to a place he had never been to before. They had to pass through three levels of security. Just that alone, one can tell that only very important people live here. ZhouXiang grabbed his fleece pajama pants and finally start to feel embarrassed.

The car turned into a courtyard and stopped. A three-story villa appeared in front of him. He remembered seeing several similar villas during the few minutes drive but they were far apart.

"Mr. Zhou, please get out of the car."

ZhouXiang wrapped his coat tightly around himself. It's March and the weather is already warming up but he didn't feel cold. Subconsciously, he merely wanted to hide his gray striped pajamas.

Once he got inside the house, ZhouXiang is a bit dumbfounded.

He had already seen everyone in the house. It is the Yan family, from young to old, all sitting around the dining table, only YanMingSu is absent. YanDeJiang sat in the patriarch spot and was sizing him up while holding a teacup. Everyone else is looking at him.

ZhouXiang can't describe the predicament he is in at this time. YanDeJiang said to the officer who took him here, "ZhangWu, how can you let him come dressed like that?"

ZhangWu responded expressionlessly, "Sir, you said to bring him here within half an hour."

"Then you should've let him change clothes."

"Sir, it would have taken more than half an hour if he was to change his clothes."

"Fuck, your brain is made of eucalyptus (stupid/blockhead)." YanDeJiang waved his hand, "You go and eat."

The officer turned and left, leaving Zhou Xiang standing awkwardly alone at the entrance.

A house full of Yan family members, although they are casually dressed, at least no one is wearing pajamas at home. ZhouXiang straighten his back, trying to make himself look less embarrassing.

YanMingXiu smiled at him, "I'll go with you to change. There are two sets of suits in my car."

"Ah, okay."

YanMingXiu was about to get up when YanDeJiang raised his hand to stop him, "Forget it. There are no outsiders here."

YanMingXiu is stunned and quickly turned to ZhouXiang, "Xiang Ge, come and sit." He stood up and pulled out the chair next to him.

After ZhouXiang took his seat, he found himself sitting opposite of WangYuDong and YanMingMei. Both of them narrowed their eyes at him contemptuously.

ZhouXiang turned his gaze to the side and didn't pay much attention to them.

YanDeJiang patted the table, "Start dinner."

Two aunties began to serve the dishes from the kitchen on the table, filling it in a short time. These are ordinary home-cooked dishes. Their lifestyle is different from ZhouXiang's imagination.

YanDeJiang tapped the table with his finger, "You are ZhouXiang right? Where do you work?"

ZhouXiang responded, "I work in a film company."