Chapter 64 - Coincidences are Staggering

ZhouXiang got dressed and went downstairs as quickly as possible and then went into the kitchen to cook.

The refrigerator is full of foods. ZhouXiang assumed that JiangYuan had brought them. He even thinks that none of these people knows the hardships of life. How could two people eat this much food? Some could go bad the next day. Seeing that, he felt gloomy.

ZhouXiang put on an apron and got busy in the kitchen. He cooked very fast, working skillfully. In just a short a time, the aroma of the food permeated into the room.

ZhouXiang didn't know when YanMingXiu had come downstairs. YanMingXiu stood like a stone sculpture while observing ZhouXiang busily cooking in the kitchen. That broad back wrapped in an apron with his narrow waist and slender long legs, his slightly exposed pale neck and short stubbles, with his skillful and efficient swift movements made YanMingXiu felt as if he had returned to three years ago.

He didn't know how many times he had sat on the dining table and watched ZhouXiang cook, smelling the aroma coming from the kitchen that made his belly rumble from hunger. Many times, he would get impatient and walk into the kitchen to hug the man from behind, urging him to hurry up. In return, he would get a particularly gentle smile.

Unconsciously, he stood up and walked step by step into the kitchen.

The person in front of him suddenly turned his head around, but this is not the face in his mind. YanMingXiu's heart trembled in that instant; his body dejectedly drooped.

ZhouXiang, "President Yan, sit there and wait a bit."

YanMingXiu sat down again. He tried to calm himself down by taking big breadths.

He really didn't know what is happening to himself. Just being with this ZhouXiang, his entire person could not be calm.

After a while, ZhouXiang brought out the rice, three dishes and a bowl of soup to the table.

YanMingXiu had just calmed down and now his heart started to beat erratically again. The rice bowl is placed on the left and the bigger soup bowl on the right, the meat dish in the middle and the vegetarian dishes on both sides, all lined up in front of him. The big bowl of soup was on the other side. The way these foods were place are exactly the same way as that person! Even the food dishes were commonly seen on the dining table from before.

YanMingXiu trembled as he picked up his chopsticks and put a piece of lettuce into his mouth. Then he slammed his chopsticks down on the table and glared fiercely at ZhouXiang.

ZhouXiang had just picked up his bowl and got startled by him, knitting his brows, "What's wrong? Not to your taste?" That shouldn't be. These are what YanMingXiu usually eats.

All this is becoming more and more impossible for YanMingXiu to accept.

If he closed his eyes and not look at the face, what is the difference compared to sitting across from (older) ZhouXiang? How could there be so many coincidences in the world? So much that two people could make the same exact foods.

This flavor... he could not forget even in his dreams.

YanMingXiu gnawed his teeth, "Who taught you to cook?"

ZhouXiang dazedly responded, "My mom."

"Where is your mother from?"

"Local." ZhouXiang looked at him in confusion, "President Yan, what's the matter? If it doesn't suit your appetite, I could make other foods. There are a lot of things in the refrigerator."

YanMingXiu continued to stare at him fixatedly.

Could it be that he is overthinking? Or could he still have that preconceived notion thinking that whatever he (younger ZhouXiang) did was similar to (older) ZhouXiang?