Chapter 15 - A Reluctant Family Meal

WangYuDong's old man, Chairman Wang, is a big boss worth billions but only had a primarily education. Even though he had accumulated wealth over the years, his unrefined nature would occasionally be exposed. He married a very pretty supermodel very late in life and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named WangYuDong. Having a child in old age, adding on his son's temperament is like that of his mother, Chairman Wang had always doted on WangYuDong immensely.

Although the Wang family does not lack money, the relatives around them are not socialites. Having money was not comparable to having power. Although WangYuDong is also a rich young master but almost everyone knew that his father is new money (newly rich). Therefore, it was still necessary for Chairman Wang to constantly kiss up to the elites in the capital. The Yan family is the biggest tree for them to climb to increase their status.

Originally, with the Yan family's prestige and influential power, the Wang family couldn't even have a meal on the same table with the Yan family's master. To be related to the Yan family is something that Chairman Wang wouldn't dream of. But he has a son that is very capable. WangYuDong is born naturally loving to have people revolve around him. After graduating from an Ivy League Business School, he didn't go into business, but instead went to become an actor. Chairman Wang took out a few millions to produce an ancient costume drama tailored for him. As expected, WangYuDong became popular. Getting popular was not what was worthy for celebration; after he got popular, the Yan family's young miss was extremely captivated by the role he played and thought very highly of him. So under the WangYuDong's aggressive pursuit, the two got together.

The patriarch of the Yan family does not like actors. In his eyes, WangYuDong was not worthy of his daughter but he didn't explicitly opposed them. After all, the young couple likes each other. Besides there were no problems with WangYuDong's financial abilities, appearance, education, or behavior. Adding on, he especially knew how to cater to people so they gradually accepted them.

What the Yan patriarch didn't know was that not only did his daughter liked WangYuDong, when WangYuDong entered the Yan family home for the first time, his 16-year-old son's (YanMingXiu) eyes also stared radiantly at WangYuDong.

Now, the Yan family's young miss had reached marriageable age; the parents from both sides planned to sit down to discuss their engagement and marriage date.

YanMingXiu's mother called him every day, urging him to quickly go home so that the two families could have a meal together but YanMingXiu simply didn't want to attend such occasion. Having to sit for two hours just to hear his sister and WangYuDong talk about when they will be holding their engagement banquet? How sickening will that be for him?

Finally, WangYuDong called him. The entire family knew that YanMingXiu would listen to this future brother in-law's words.

YanMingXiu elatedly went to meet up with WangYuDong. But as soon as he entered the door, he saw the scene of his family meeting with the Wang's family. His expression immediately darkened. But because the elders were present, he didn't want to slam the door and leave so he could only sit down depressingly.

WangYuDong immediately sat next to him. He can't afford to offend this little future brother in-law of his. If it wasn't for Mrs.Yan forcing him to call YanMingXiu, he would not do such thing. After he sat down, he instantly apologized warmly, "MingXiu, I'm sorry. Auntie asked that I must call you to come over but I really want to treat you for dinner. How about tomorrow?"

YanMingXiu didn't want to unleash his temper on him, but his expression is not good, "Don't need to. I have plans tomorrow."

WangYuDong still wants to say something but Mrs. Yan called YanMingXiu over.