Chapter 44 - My Name Is ZhouXiang

In that instant, all sorts of feelings welled up in ZhouXiang's heart.

He wanted to laugh, to cry, to flip the table and kick the wall.

WangYuDong... it is WangYuDong again! Stuntman... stuntman again!

He really has no doubt that he has been cursed. Even with a completely new life, he still can't get rid of being WangYuDong's shadow. It's likely that this curse is branded on his soul, having nothing to do with his physical body.

He hated WangYuDong, hated being WangYuDong's substitute, whether it is in films or outside.

At that moment, he only had the feeling of being played by God. It seemed that something invisible is dragging him forward, making it impossible for him to escape. He felt that he is surrounded by heavy barriers and can't breathe.

He took a deep breath and forcefully revealed a smile, "Of course I know who he is. Zhang Jie, thank you very much."

Zhang Jie also smiled, "It's nothing. This is a win-win situation." In her opinion, ZhouXiang will certainly agree. Not to mentioned that he would be greatly compensated for being a stuntman of a superstar like WangYuDong. Even if there is no monetary compensation, many people would desperately vie for such opportunity. Even if they don't get to reveal their faces in the film, but to be able to be a part of the WangYuDong's filming crew and get to know a few people or even casually get a few pointers for promotion is a great opportunity for anyone's future development. This is a golden opportunity. ZhouXiang is a merely a handyman, how could he refuse?

However, she didn't expect ZhouXiang to politely say, "Zhang Jie, this is indeed a very good opportunity, but I have to discuss it with Wei Ge."

"Wei Ge? CaiWei?"

"Yeah, I'm an employee from JuXing and work for him. Wei Ge won't allow me to casually accept any jobs; I have to get his consent."

Zhang Jie burst into laughter, "You... young man is really......" She wanted to say naive, but in the end, she didn't say it. She smiled and said, "Xiao... what is your surname?"

"Zhou."

"Well, Xiao Zhou, let Zhang Jie tell you a few real words. Just listen but don't say it out, okay?"

ZhouXiang could guess what she wanted to say. This woman may be a few years older than him, but the way she handle matters is not as good as himself, so he nodded quietly.

Zhang Jie smiled, "CaiWei is a good person and also takes great care of his subordinates. But with this matter, you really don't need to discuss it with him. Think about it yourself. You become WangYuDong's stuntman. You don't even have to show your face on the film. It's just a few shots from your back. And if you prefer, your name won't even appear on the credits. And you can still get a lot of money. Who would know that it's you? I know that each company's rules are different. Most won't allow for employees to take on private jobs. They have to follow the company's policies. It's so troublesome. You just have to come over quickly and don't tell others. CaiWei would never know. And if you have to go through the company, at most, the most money that will be in your hands is 30%. Are you willing? Zhang Jie don't think that it's worthwhile for you to do that."

Zhang Jie has her own considerations. If ZhouXiang really wanted to go through his management company, there is indeed no loses to her. But according to industry rules, since she was the one that introduced ZhouXiang to such a big job, besides have to pay a commission to his brokerage company, he must still have to give her a portion. So the money that ZhouXiang actually gets in his hands is very less. She is also worried that ZhouXiang is not willing to the job because it is so little money. If ZhouXiang was to accept this job privately, her introduction fee is definitely more.