Chapter 78 - Why Are You So Much Like My Brother ZhouXiang?

T/N: For the coming 7 days, Rosy (who does the updates) will be traveling abroad. So...updates will be posted at irregular times. There will also be 3-4 days when there is no internet connection so no updates will be posted on those days, unless there is wifi access. It will resume once there is connection. I'll try not to leave it at a cliff-hanger.

------------

The place that CaiWei told ZhouXiang to go was actually the small XinJiang restaurant that they often went to when they were struggling in those few years after graduating. In his memory, this restaurant has been in existence for at least 20 years. It has always had a small entrance with antiquated decor but the business was always good. There was a fat uncle of Uighur nationality who was both the manager and chef. You can always hear his boisterous laughter from very far away.

At that time, after he and CaiWei got off work, they often came here to have a meal, drink some wine, and then talked about the kind of life they would live if they became wealthy in the future.

In the end, neither he nor CaiWei became very wealthy people but they are very content with their lives. Toward this small restaurant, they also have very sentimental feelings so they would come by every so often. However, it became lesser and lesser over time. Especially since CaiWei had gotten use to going out with various big bosses and celebrities to luxurious hotels and restaurants. Sitting in a dinky restaurant like this wearing a suit worth a few thousands seemed out of place.

ZhouXiang didn't expect CaiWei to want to see him here.

This small restaurant is still the same as before. ZhouXiang recognized it from far away.

He went straight into a reserved room, CaiWei was already waiting for him inside and the table is full of food that they liked to eat and often ordered at the time. There are six to seven bottles of beer in the middle of the table, and two bottles of white wine.

ZhouXiang is very familiar with this setting. CaiWei wanted to get drunk.

"Wei Ge," ZhouXiang felt a little nervous. His intuition tells him that the purpose of CaiWei looking for him is because of the matters with YanMingXiu.

CaiWei glanced at him deeply, "Sit. I've already ordered."

ZhouXiang sat in a chair at a distance that he felt is safe from CaiWei. He did this subconsciously but in CaiWei's eyes, it felt deliberate.

CaiWei opened the bottles and poured two glasses, each of beer and liquor.

ZhouXiang nodded, "Wei Ge, you are looking for me today..."

CaiWei clashed their glasses, "Bottom up."

ZhouXiang's lips trembled a bit. This familiar atmosphere made him feel a little helpless.

He simply grabbed the bottle and boldly poured a large glass to suppress his fears.

After drinking it, CaiWei got straight to the point, "I heard about you and YanMingXiu. Tell me the truth, is it true or false? If you really treat me as a brother(T/N), don't hide it from me."

T/N: CaiWei and ZhouXiang's close friendship are almost like that of brothers so they would affectionately use brothers to address each other in this sense. This is why ZhouXiang addresses CaiWei's wife as sister-in-law.

ZhouXiang wiped his mouth. He didn't dare to look at CaiWei but instead at the steaming hot dishes on the table, "It's true."

CaiWei's hand that was holding the bottle of wine froze, then he slammed it heavily on the table and raised his hand to fiercely slap ZhouXiang's head, "You dumb fuck!!"