Chapter 83 The Plan to See the Body

TN: Will be entering another country today. I'm hoping for wifi connection.. if not, there will not be any posting for 2-3 days. But I think there is, we'll see.

______________

ZhouXiang never thought that there would be a day that he would have to go claim his own "corpse." Such absurd and cruel thing actually happened to him.

This news was so shocking that ZhouXiang didn't know if he had the courage to see his own dead body.

Deep within his heart, he still held onto the little illusion with the hope that his body was well preserved in a certain place. And that one day, God will be kind enough to let him return to his own body. He would take everything that has happened as if it was a dream. But when he heard of the news, this last bit of hope is utteraly shattered.

According to what CaiWei said, it was no longer possible to determine his identity by appearance. They could only assume that it was him by the clothing and photography equipment that he was carrying. A DNA test is required for the final confirmation. The reason CaiWei told him this was to get his opinion on whether or not he wanted to go to Guangxi to take a look. After all, that is ZhouXiang's own... (body)

LanXiRong was silent the entire time. Apparently he still hasn't regained his senses from the tremendous shock. He just put his hand on ZhouXiang's back and gently stroked it.

After a long time, ZhouXiang looked up. His eyes were bloodshot, looking very agitated as he hoarsely muttered, "Wei Ge, please go with me. I......I have to go look. That is the body given to me by my parents (T/N) so I must go......to handle it." ZhouXiang sniffed. "Go with me. I am afraid I can't take it." ZhouXiang covered his eyes. He felt such intense pain that he didn't know what to do.

T/N: The Chinese saying is 身體髮膚, 受之父母, 不敢毀傷, 孝之始也 which esstentially means our bodies—to every hair and bit of skin—are received by us from our parents and we must not presume to injure or wound them. This is from the Book of Filial Piety by Confucius.

What he had experienced and endured is something that no one else could experience in their entire lifetime.

He is going to see his body, a body he had used for more than 30 years. It is the proof that he had once lived and existed in this world. He is familiar with everything in that body. He is the real ZhouXiang and that body carried its weight. It was once a healthy and lively body. But now, he has to face the body that may have become a pile of bones. He simply did not know how to describe his feelings. Fear? Sadness? Despair? That's not it or it could be said......that it is.

LanXiRong said softly, "Xiang Ge, I'll go with you. I'll always be by you."

CaiWei sighed, "Of course I'll go. Otherwise, with your identity right now, you won't be able to get near."

ZhouXiang gulped down another half glass of the liquor and regained a bit of his senses. He responded, "Wei Ge, I always wanted to ask you. How were my funeral arrangements handled? Did you inform my relatives?"

CaiWei exposed a weird expression, "Your funeral arrangements... were handled by YanMingXiu."

"What?" ZhouXiang is shocked, "Why was he the one managing it? You have my aunt's phone number right? At that time......"

CaiWei interjected, "At the time, I did inform your relatives. Those relatives that you still had contact with all came. They wanted to inherit some of your stuff but YanMingXiu wouldn't allow it because your accident was handled as a missing person case. Without your death certificate, adding on to YanMingXiu's pressure, they couldn't do anything. Therefore, all your things are in YanMingXiu's hands."