Chapter 47 - The Ad with YanMingXiu

ZhouXiang received a call from President Wang Saturday morning. He was sleeping at the time and quickly got up as soon as he saw the caller ID.

"Hello, President Wang."

"Xiao Zhou ah, you still haven't gotten up yet?"

"Yeah. Too tired from yesterday."

"I'm afraid you'll be more tired today. Get up. I arranged an ad for you. Head over there now."

"Huh? Right now?"

"Yes, the big star specifically indicated for you to go. He even called me directly," President Wang's tone sounded a bit odd.

ZhouXiang rubbed his face, "Who is it?"

"YanMingXiu."

ZhouXiang's entire person became instantly alert, "Yan...YanMingXiu?"

President Wang thought that he was too excited, "Yea, it's that YanMingXiu. Although I don't know what he saw in you but this is a golden opportunity. You are very lucky...getting to shoot an ad with YanMingXiu and also get to expose your face in XiRong's MV. Your future will be much brighter. However, XiRong's MV is still in the planning stage. It will be several more months before it shooting starts. This ad is just in front of you. Since luck is on your side, hurry up and head over there."

"This... Wei Ge didn't tell me."

"Who knows what CaiWei is thinking in not letting you take on this job. So the call came to me. I'll ask him about it later. Get up and get ready."

ZhouXiang is thinking of how to refuse. He astoundingly voiced, "President Wang, it's not that I don't want to go, but I have something to do today."

"What do you have to do?"

"I have... I have another ad that is also coincidentally today."

"It's no big deal. Have CaiWei to send someone else. Those are minor ads; just randomly sending any handsome guy will do. It doesn't have to be you. But for this one, YanMingXiu specifically chose you, so you must go. Don't say anymore. Hurry up and get ready. Give me your address. I'll send a driver to pick you up."

"President Wang......"

ZhouXiang knew that it is useless to say anything else. This little favor for YanMingXiu with such minimal cost, of course President Wang willingly obliges. To President Wang, he is merely lending his own staff to YanMingXiu. But for ZhouXiang, he had to endure his heart's torment to be in close proximity to YanMingXiu.

ZhouXiang got up and washed his face, patting his cheeks loudly to try and calm himself down as soon as possible.

ChenYing ran over after hearing the noise and shockingly asked, "Son, what are you doing? Hitting your face so hard it's red."

ZhouXiang smiled, "Nothing. I have to go to a job. Wouldn't this wake me up even more?"

ChenYing agonizingly said, "Since you started working, you almost never had a weekend off. Though we really need the money, your health is most important. If you get sick again, everything would be meaningless. Don't just neglect your health to work so tirelessly."

"Mom, you're thinking too much. My work is not tiring. I just do a few moves in front of the camera, how tiring can it be? But you... you have to rest more. Your face looks so pallid lately."

When ZhouXiang looked at ChenYing, he wondered where the nutrients from the chicken soup went? While he gained some weight, ChenYing also drank it with him, but how can her complexion still look so bad?

ChenYing smiled, "Your mother is almost sixty; I can't still be fair skin like a young girl right? I don't need to rest at all. It's boring staying home. Come back early today. I'm going to go buy some big prawns this afternoon."