Chapter 114 - ZhouXiang Makes His Stance Clear to YanFei (M)

ZhouXiang kept his head down the entire time, the ash from the cigarette fell to his feet, burning blotches on the carpet that he had painstakingly kept clean, but he didn't even realize it.

YanMingXiu took a deep breath, "Xiang Ge, I have already thought of countermeasures but I'm not sure if it'll work that's why I haven't mentioned it to you. Do you want to hear it? "

ZhouXiang shook his head, "I don't... not right now.... I just want to be a lone for a little while."

"Okay, I'll give you some time to be alone. I'll be back here tomorrow night. If you're not here, I'll go pick you up."

ZhouXiang lifted his head and look at YanMingXiu with bloodshot eyes, "You go back first."

YanMingXiu turned his head, grabbed his clothes and left.

ZhouXiang showed a faint smile.

Is the problem stemming from them or from around them? Why are things always happening in ways that they least want? He and YanMingXiu wanted so desperately to pull themselves back onto the right track but get derailed again and again. It's as if there is an invisible force opposing them. No matter how hard they try, they can't free themselves from it.

It shouldn't be that everyone's love life is this difficult, right? So difficult it doesn't even make any sense.

ZhouXiang even starts to feel an indescribable resentment for everything that had happened from beginning to end. He's really unwilling to be resigned to this fate... for him and YanMingXiu to be manipulated by others, not being able to do anything about it.... just like this...

He had even lost his life, yet still couldn't disengage himself from this relationship. Having paid such huge price, it's definitely not to end up with nothing in the end.

How can he be willing to accept this?

ZhouXiang suddenly stood up, grabbed his coat and rushed out of the gate. He hailed for a taxi on the side of the road and gave a street name. It is a street in the embassy district. This area lives many leading governmental officials who had stepped down from their post but are still actively working. The distance is not far from his home. ZhouXiang had been there once. He thought that he would never have the chance to step into this place a second time his entire life, especially not the one to take the initiative to do so. But his heart felt tremendously suppressed, so much that all his rage flooded in that direction.

Before he regrets it, he wants to do what he wanted to do. Anyway, he really can't see this getting any worse than it already is.

Shortly after ten minutes, he arrived at the door to the family's compound. The soldier at the door looked very young. Rubbing his frozen red nose, he asked, "Who are you looking for?"

"I am looking for Chief Yan (T/N)."

T/N/: YanFei's title is 首長, which could mean senior official, senior officer, chief of a governmental entity.

"May I ask what your name is?"

"I'm ZhouXiang."

"Please wait a bit." The soldier went in and said something to the standing guards. A guard picked up the phone. After a while, a soldier took out a book, "Come, you have to register."

ZhouXiang wrote down his name and the party he is looking for before being allowed to enter.

In a distance, a figure bundled up in a military jacket walked toward him. After approaching closer, ZhouXiang recognized that this person is YanFei's personal security guard.

"ZhouXiang right? Follow me." ZhouXiang sniffed his nose and silently followed him.

The family's courtyard is unusually quiet. The hustle and bustle of Beijing at night seemed to not have even the slightest effect in this place. This kind of silence made ZhouXiang's heart beat erratically.