Chapter 52 -To Be WangYuDong's Stuntman Again

"It would take a few days for the exam results to come out. You should take your mother home but according to my years of experience in medical practice, this must be an ailment with the kidney's function." The doctor pushed his glasses and handed a list of prescription to ZhouXiang.

ZhouXiang's hand trembled a bit as he lowly asked, "Doctor, could it be cancer?"

"Don't be so pessimistic. This can't be determined at the moment. Not until the results are out. After it's out, I advise you take it to a big hospital for a more thorough review. But as her son, you also lacked common sense. Can't you see that your mother's expression is very bad? A person of her age would have somewhat of a yellow tinted skin but it will not be this yellow. This is not normal. It is sickly."

ZhouXiang's head lowered. He felt as if an invisible big stone is pressing on his shoulders, so heavy that he couldn't even lift his head.

How could this be?

Kidney function disease? What could it be? Kidney inflammation? Uremia? Diabetes? Kidney failure? Kidney cancer? ZhouXiang's understanding of kidney diseases are just a few, but each one made him endlessly petrified and worried.

ChenYing lost her husband in her middle age and in her old age have a son that laid in the hospital bed for two years in a vegetative state. Her strength is merely motivated by her son whom she didn't know whether or not would wake up. But now that her son had awakened, she had also crumbled.

Moreover, she would never know that her son's body lives another person's soul. Although this is not by ZhouXiang's choice, he still felt guilt and heartache toward ChenYing so he would never let ChenYing know that her son is gone. After his awakening, he was confused with many things but there is one thing that he is certain of and that is no matter how harsh and difficult life may be, he would always continue to play the role of ChenYing's son, until the day one of them dies.

He never thought that ChenYing might not have the time to enjoy their new lives after paying off the debts. She might even be leaving this mundane world with regrets and unwillingness.

When ZhouXiang thought of this, his heart felt such indescribable intense pain.

This woman is too pitiful. Why does she have to endure this? ZhouXiang clutched the medical record tightly, his body shivered lightly.

The doctor patted him on the shoulder, "I said, don't be so pessimistic. Maybe things aren't as serious as you think. Go back first, ah."

ZhouXiang took a deep breath and then slowly breathed out. He wiped his face and stood up, "Doctor, thank you, I will come again the day after tomorrow."

Leaving this room and going back to see ChenYing, he must be the son that could hold up the sky for this woman.

After fluid transfusion, ChenYing had regained consciousness. The doctor did not request that she stay in the hospital. She was accompanied by a friend that she met in the caretaking training course. They were waiting in the rest area for ZhouXiang. When she saw ZhouXiang, it was like she saw her life-saving straw, her dark gloomy pupils flashing out rays of glistening lights.

ZhouXiang quickly came over and supported her arm, "Mom, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Slept for a while. I'm much better now."

The auntie next to him asked nervously, "Xiao Zhou, how is she?"

"The doctor said that the results will be out the day after tomorrow and tells us to go home first and wait."

ChenYing pressed her hand on her chest and trembled, "Ah Xiang, what if I......"

"Mom." ZhouXiang interrupted her. "Mom, don't think too much. The results aren't out yet. Maybe it's just ordinary kidney inflammation." ZhouXiang looked at ChenYing's yellow pigmented skin. The doctor's words lingered in his ears. He faintly felt that it is not as simple as kidney inflammation.