Chapter 34 - Not Wanting To Let ZhouXiang Go

ZhouXiang slept at CaiWei's home that night. He originally didn't want to go there since CaiWei's wife is only three months from her delivery date. He was afraid to disturb them but CaiWei took him home without allowing him to hesitate.

CaiWei talked to Director Wang to express ZhouXiang's decision. Director Wang was extremely delighted, stipulating that ZhouXiang must come to XX Hotel to attend the film launching ceremony on Saturday. They will announce the change of roles to the media at that time.

After talking with Director Wang, CaiWei then called President Wang again. The two men talked for a long time. After ending the call, CaiWei's expression didn't look very good. ZhouXiang knew that President Wang didn't want him to play the leading role. After all, he is a businessman. He was concerned with the box office results, but he had no confidence to oppose this. He had thought that ZhouXiang would renege, not expecting him to actually agree. President Wang pondered over this situation and felt that this definitely had something to do with CaiWei so he was naturally dissatisfied.

CaiWei is a person that is extremely loyal to their brotherhood. He didn't say much to ZhouXiang except that he must arrive on time on Saturday. ZhouXiang knew it in his heart. He is especially grateful to CaiWei.

When he was sleeping in the guest room that night, ZhouXiang's phone rang. He picked up and sees that it is from YanMingXiu.

YanMingXiu rarely took the initiative to call him. It is reasonable to say that he can't possibly be looking for him because he hasn't gone home for a day or two, right? If so, wouldn't YanMingXiu also feel that this is unusual?

ZhouXiang took a few deep breaths, still feeling the throbs of suffocating pain in his heart; he answered with his fingers trembling.

"Hey? ZhouXiang," YanMingXiu's crisp voice is exceptionally clear in the quiet night.

"Yeah, it's me." ZhouXiang leaned on the bed. He didn't turn on the light. In the darkness of the night, his eyes aimlessly looked at the dark ceiling above him.

"Where have you been these two days? Why aren't you coming home?"

ZhouXiang faintly uttered, "Got things to do."

"Where are you? Why didn't you call to let me know you weren't coming home? Come back right now."

ZhouXiang had a bit of a hard time breathing. He sat up straight and strenuously tried to take a deep breath before forcing himself to say these subsequent words, "I won't be coming back for the time being. Whenever you move out, let me know." ZhouXiang felt his body becoming listless. He had never thought that he would be the one to initiate ending their relationship one day. He thought that he would shamelessly beg for YanMingXiu to stay until YanMingXiu would no longer want to look at him anymore.

The phone was silent and then YanMingXiu's chilling voice came slowly, "What are you talking about?"

"I said, let me know when you move out so I can go home."

"Do you know what the fuck you're talking about? ZhouXiang. Are you kicking me out?! You're actually kicking me out!"

Without actually seeing him, ZhouXiang also knew how enraged YanMingXiu is on the other side of the phone. Fortunately, he didn't have to see him with his own eyes. Just through the phone, he could already sense his scalp going numb.

ZhouXiang said as calmly as possible, "YanMingXiu, I've treated you wholeheartedly but what you treat me as, you know clearly in your heart. Just move out of my home. Consider it as me being shamelessly cheap, let's just break up peacefully."

YanMingXiu is furious, "What the hell are you talking about? Fucking say it clearly."

ZhouXiang bitterly responded, "Fine, I'll tell it to you clearly. The person you like is your brother-in law, the big star WangYuDong, am I right?"