Chapter 86 Because I Am His Man

When ZhouXiang woke up the next day, the first thing he saw was LanXiRong's face.

He stared at the simple roof and recalled everything that happened last night. His entire person felt like a dream, completely unreal.

LanXiRong quickly patted his face, "Xiang Ge? Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

CaiWei also came over and looked at him worriedly.

ZhouXiang laid stiffly for a long time before opening his mouth, "I'm fine."

The two are relieved.

LanXiRong supported ZhouXiang to sit up on the bed and poured him a glass of water.

ZhouXiang drank a few mouthfuls of water and looked at the people and things around him. He doesn't know how to describe this feeling. It's like his body is stepping on empty space, but his mind is very clear.

It's likely that his frantic wailing from yesterday enabled him to release most of his suppressed emotions. The somberness from his body has uplifted quite a bit so he had regained his sanity. He thought, even if he were to be faced with his unrecognizable skeletal remains again, he wouldn't run away.

He said to himself, ZhouXiang, you must have a clear mind. You must pull yourself together.

After this last bit of his hopeful illusion had completely shattered, there was no way for him to go back so he became surprisingly calm. He clearly knew that the most important thing for him right now is to be able to get back his and his parents things. To continue on being perplexed over it will not change the facts and is completely meaningless.

ZhouXiang looked at LanXiRong and CaiWei's concerned expressions and apologized, "Sorry, sorry for making you guys so worried, I'm fine."

Seeing him appearing so calm instead made the two of them scared. After all, ZhouXiang was acting as though he was crazy yesterday; his entire person mentally collapsed. Anyone who had experienced this kind of thing would likely act like him. So now, seeing him so calm, the contrast is too big, making the two of them feel very uncertain, afraid that ZhouXiang will do something even more extreme.

ZhouXiang got on the ground and put on his shoes, smiling calmly, "I am really fine. I got over it. Yesterday was just very upsetting... but...it's no longer important."

CaiWei shook his head and sighed. "If you're really feeling pained, you must not hold it in. Seeing you like this is even scarier."

ZhouXiang patted CaiWei's shoulder, "Wei Ge, me going over there by myself yesterday might have cause some trouble for you."

"That's not the main concern. YanMingSu wanted you to go see him after you wake up."

LanXiRong grabbed his arm, "Xiang Ge, you don't have to go. I know that this is really hard for you. If you don't want to stay here, I'll go back with you. Wei Ge can stay by himself and handle the rest."

CaiWei also nodded in agreeance. "It's fine for me to stay"

ZhouXiang shook his head. "I want to stay here. I'm going to go see YanMingSu and..." and YanMingXiu, but he didn't say that aloud. Seeing YanMingXiu looking like that yesterday made him extremely unsettled. He wanted to confirm something.

ZhouXiang didn't allow them to come along with him. He went by himself to see YanMingSu.

Just when he got to the front door of the farm house to where YanMingSu was staying, to his surprise, there are actually two monks standing outside.

ZhouXiang is a bit oblivious. He didn't know much about religions and the like but his first reaction is that they were invited to perform some sort of religious ritual to help the soul find peace. ZhouXiang felt a bit frightful. Looking at him now, he appears to be a normal person. But the most unbelievably absurd thing had occurred to him. Although taking possession of another person's body is not something that happened to him voluntarily, it's still not right. So when he saw these two monks, he was particularly nervous, just like how monsters would feel see Taoist priests. But it was too late for him to turn back. The soldier who was standing at the door had already saw him. One of them turned and went to inform YanMingSu. ZhouXiang could only force himself to move forward. The facts have proved that this was just his imagination. The two monks just nodded politely and didn't pay too much attention to him.