Chapter 99 - Film Premier

After taking ChenYing home, ZhouXiang also returned to his home.

YanMingXiu came back very early today. ZhouXiang glanced at him and asked, "What do you want to eat tonight?"

"Xiang Ge, don't bother with that for now. I have something to tell you."

ZhouXiang sat on the sofa next to him, "What is it?"

YanMingXiu's face tinged with a shade of discomfort, "Xiang Ge, your... your funeral, do you have any thoughts?"

ZhouXiang froze.

Funeral...

After returning from Guizhou, it had been more than half a month. All of his funeral affairs were handed over to YanMingXiu. To be precise, YanMingXiu's requested to handle it, he merely just wanted to evade it. He really didn't have the courage to be dealing with his own funeral arrangements. Now, it's likely that all the procedures and the like are completed. It is time to consider these things.

YanMingXiu gripped his hand.

ZhouXiang regained his senses and took his hand back, "It's nothing. I'm fine."

He combed through his hair and sighed, "Forget about the funeral, just bury it. I'll go to the cemetery to see if there are any spaces next to my parents' tombstones. I was too young at the time and didn't think to leave an extra space for myself. Now I don't think I can be placed next to them."

"Let me handle this. I'll go ask." YanMingXiu looked at him deeply, "I will have a place set for the both of us."

ZhouXiang is shocked as he bitterly smiled, "When I go see my parents in the future, I can also see myself... this is really fucking crazy."

YanMingXiu lowered his head; his eyes full of sorrow, "Xiang Ge, I..."

ZhouXiang raised his hand to stop him, "You don't have to apologize any more. I'll say it again. You don't have to take responsibility for my accident. What you owe me are feelings, not life. But everything has passed; don't mention it anymore in the future."

YanMingXiu relentlessly asked, "Why aren't you letting me pay it back?"

"Because I don't want it. Don't dare want it."

YanMingXiu still wanted to say something but ZhouXiang had already stood up and walked into the kitchen. He prepped the food ingredients while telling him, "I'll go take a look after the burial. Everything else, I'm not going to be involved. There's no point. Also, don't tell CaiWei and them. If they ask, just say it then...."

YanMingXiu swallowed back the words he had wanted to say, seeing ZhouXiang's lonely desolate back, he felt terrible.

He walked over and embraced ZhouXiang from behind, saying softly, "Tell you something that makes you happy."

"What...?"

He wrapped his powerful strong arms around ZhouXiang's waist, their two bodies tightly affixed, seemingly inseparable.

"The movie premiere had been moved ahead of schedule to the 24th."

"Ohhh? Didn't they say New Year's Day?"

"It'll be competing against an American film on New Year's Day so it's been moved up to the Christmas holiday."

"Isn't that the day after tomorrow then?"

"Yeah. Since you didn't participate in the previous promotion, you must go to this premiere."

ZhouXiang thought. It's not that he didn't want to participate but nobody called him at all. He was only a small supporting role after all. With him also making WangYuDong furious in front of the crew, it would be surprising for him to still be included. So he hesitated, "I wasn't even part of the promotion to start with, the premiere definitely has nothing to do with me."