Chapter 107 - A Brother's Love

"ZhouXiang, who is it?" ChenYing asked as she walked from the living room. When she saw the person at the door, she was shocked.

YanMingSu and YanMingXiu look very much alike, but their ages and expressions are vastly different.

ChenYing immediately understood, "ZhouXiang, let him in, why stand at the door?"

ZhouXiang regained his senses, "Please...please come in."

He welcomed YanMingSu into the home. After YanMingSu entered the home, he glanced around the small temporarily rented apartment, all his emotions hidden so deep that people could not see what he is thinking.

ZhouXiang pointed to his room, "Let's talk in there."

"Not yet. I have something to say to your mother first." YanMingSu turned his eyes toward ChenYing, smiling, "Auntie...hello."

ChenYing looked at ZhouXiang with a baffling expression. In her eyes, the sons of the Yan family are people that are specially privileged. She is just an ordinary person so it is inevitable that she will be nervous facing YanMingSu.

"Ah, he-hello, you should be Mr. Yan's older brother? You two look very much alike."

YanMingSu nodded, "Auntie, you've seen MingXiu many times?"

"I've seen him... seen him a few times. He is a good boy. He even helped me cook." ChenYing pointed to the sofa, "Have a seat. I'll get you a glass of water."

"Auntie, don't bother. Have a seat. I have something to say to you."

ChenYing turned her attention to ZhouXiang. ZhouXiang pulled her and sat down. He resisted the urge to ask about YanMingXiu's current condition and decided to hear what YanMingSu wanted to say first.

After YanMingSu sat down, he looked at ChenYing with sincerity, "Auntie, this time I came here to specifically apologize to you."

ChenYing's eyes widened.

"It was my dad's lackey who came to see you that day. My mother sent him. It's very wrong for my mother to do that but you are also a mother, I believe that you could understand her. I hope you won't take it to heart."

ChenYing opened her mouth but didn't know what to say for a moment. Instead, she merely moved her hands, "It's really nothing..."

"What the lackey said is also not exactly the truth. Although ZhouXiang did accept my brother's money, it was for your illness. Moreover, they do have feelings for each other. It's not how the lackey put it... that it's just a simple money transaction. I believe that you could also see the affections between them. Do you really believe that it's just what the lackey said?"

ChenYing's breathing followed by a little trembling. She glanced at ZhouXiang painfully. In fact, she knew in her heart that the two young people must have feelings for each other. She could clearly see how much affections YanMingXiu have for her son. And she could also see why her son was looking so depressed and lost the past several days.

ZhouXiang stared at YanMingSu the entire time, not knowing what his purpose is in telling ChenYing this.

ChenYing lowered her head awkwardly, "Mr. Yan, I understand what you mean. I was too impulsive that day. I've never encountered such a thing, it's just...what is your intention in telling me all this?"

ZhouXiang also wanted to ask the same question.

YanMingSu smiled lightly, "This, I'll have to talk to ZhouXiang alone."

ChenYing heaved a sighed, "You guys go in the room to talk then. Ah Xiang, your own matters, you should make your own decisions. I'm old, sometimes I get too confused. You don't have to take it to heart."