Chapter 2 - Seeing CaiWei Again

After staying in the hospital for another two days, ZhouXiang felt good physically. He really didn't want to stay in the hospital anymore. Once again, he told ChenYing that he wanted to leave the hospital.

ChenYing went to ask the doctor. ZhouXiang waited by himself in the ward. The grandfather sleeping in the bed next to him will probably never wake up. Sometimes when he is sleeping into the middle of the night, he'd think of the person lying next to him, not making a sound. In fact, this grandfather is very pitiful.

At this time, the door to the ward opened. He thought ChenYing was back but he didn't expect to see a forty something year old man coming in. The moment he saw the man, ZhouXiang is stunned.

CaiWei?

CaiWei saw him and was also startled. He said in shocked, "You......you, you, you're awake?"

ZhouXiang blinked. He was even more shocked than CaiWei. He didn't expect to have only been awakened for a few days and is able to meet his former friend.

CaiWei took a few steps and stood front of him. This boorish older friend was so excited that his face is flushed red. He slapped his hands on ZhouXiang's shoulder, so strong that ZhouXiang felt a bit pained. He excitedly said, "Buddy, you don't know me but I know you." He pointed to the bed with a finger that is hooked with a bag of food. "That is my dad. My dad had been laying there for more than six months. I see you every time. Ahhh, my dad is at this age so let it be. But you're still so young, if you are to lie there like that forever, your mother will be done for. I didn't expect you to wake up but it's great." He patted ZhouXiang's shoulder heavily; his face revealing a candid smile.

ZhouXiang's heart trembled. He instantly grabbed onto CaiWei's arm, so excited that he couldn't even speak. He wanted to open his mouth and say "Wai Ge"(T/N), but to CaiWei at this time, he is merely at stranger who is coincidentally called ZhouXiang.

T/N: Ge (哥) means older brother. It's also a more affectionate and respectful way of addressing an older male friend.

CaiWei looked at him strangely, then asked, "Brother, what's wrong? Where do you feel uncomfortable? I'll help you call for the doctor?"

ZhouXiang responded, "No, don't need to. You... don't give up. Maybe your father will wake up one day."

CaiWei puts down the stuff he was holding on his father's bedside and then sat in the chair and sighed, "I don't expect it. Getting a stroke at this age...he's just hanging on. He's really half-dead like this. The entire family is suffering but we can't watch him die." CaiWei looked at his dad, "Anyway, no matter what, he is literally still alive." His voice sounded dismal and fatigued, making ZhouXiang feel particularly somber.

CaiWei is still doing well in the entertainment circle. His work is relatively a mixture with many things that he is responsible for managing. But his social network is broad. Many aspiring newbies have to look up to him so CaiWei's income is considered good. However, having to support his wife and kids and also care for an elderly father who has hospitalization fees mounting day by day, it is a heavy burden. Now, even though only two years had passed, ZhouXiang felt that CaiWei is much older than before.

ZhouXiang wanted to comfort him but was afraid to say too much and end up revealing himself. To say that there is another individual living in this body, that's even more unimaginable to normal people.

CaiWei looked at him silently, then sighed heavily and wiped his face. His expression looked a bit painful.

ZhouXiang asked cautiously, "What's wrong?"

"ZhouXiang," CaiWei called out. His tone is the same as when he used to call him. ZhouXiang's heart trembled. "You know, I used to have a buddy, his name was also called ZhouXiang. If he was still alive, he would be 35 this year...very young, very loyal. He was a really good buddy." CaiWei's face revealed a crying yet laughing expression, his voice sounds as if he was choking with emotions. "Hearing from what your mom said, you had an accident two years ago right? My buddy was also in an accident two years ago. But you woke up, yet his body can't even be found. That job... I introduced it to him. ......" CaiWei sniffed, "If it weren't for me......"