Chapter Fifty One

Theresa's POV

"I need to go to the bathroom" I managed to call over the booming music, blasting from the speakers around the room. At least I think I did. Benedict smiled a lazy, slightly more than tipsy, grin at me as he continued dancing to his own beat. I knew this wedding was a good idea. I planted a kiss on his cheek causing the grin to get even wider. I squeezed around people on the dance floor and walked as gracefully as I could towards one of the doors.

"Can I help you madam?" Came a voice from beside the door. One of the waiters stood by there his boyishly long hair flopping over his eyes which stared at me, clearly waiting for a response. Respond Theresa. "Oh right, yes please, I'm looking for the bathroom" the words tumbled out as if not waiting for confirmation from my slow brain.

"Of course. You just go down the corridor, to the left and up the stairs and it's the first door on your right"

I repeated his words as I followed the movements of his lips trying to allow myself time to catch up with what he was saying.

"Wonderful" I said as I realised that he was no longer speaking but not fully taking on board his directions.

I set off in the way his hand was pointed repeating "left, stairs, right. Or was it stairs, left, right. Or perhaps right, left, stairs." Whilst also making sure I walked carefully in my heels so as not to knock off one of many statues and artefacts on display in this seemingly never ending corridor. However as I looked up from the floor to see where I was I noticed that behind me was not the door to the dance floor but a corner. "That means that I must have turned a corner" I said to myself as my brain put two and two together to make five. I was lost and be beginning to regret one of the many cocktails I had.

"Right" I said, turning to a suit or armour "have you any idea which way to the bathroom" I wiggled the arm of the suit, listening to the clunking noise echo throughout the empty halls. "That way my lady" I said in my manliest voice pointing the arm of the statue down the next corridor, feeling like a child playing with her dolls.

I set off and it wasn't until I looked down I realised I was still holding the armoured arm now separated from the body "Oh shoot!" I searched for somewhere to chuck it but the corridor was barren. I continued walking, humming to myself the whole time. "I told you that the day after tomorrow is the deadline now get your act together or I'll-" his dark green eyes met mine and immediately softened to a glowing jade.

He shut his phone and stood up from the chair. "Theresa" his eyes lingering too long on me. I began walking backwards, as if it would take me back in time. "Theresa wait" he said, stepping towards me. "No Oli." I said slowly, contrasting the fast movement of my feet. "Tess, baby" his voice was warm and buttery. The kind of voice girls dream about and drool over. The kind that speeds hearts and girls giggle about in a group because he has 'that voice'. But not me. Not now. "Don't call me that" I practically spat the words out. I was so sick and tired of my ex-boyfriends and them messing up my life. And I was just tired in general. And a little drunk.

My tone of voice didn't put him off though as he stepped forward, my back now against the wall at the end of the corridor, his arm outstretched "Come on Tess you know this is right, this feels right"

"No Oli"

"Tess-"

"She said no" And there Benedict stood, barring me from Oli, my own knight in shining armour. I could see his chest rising and falling heavily, his fists clenched and a little vein was pulsing at the top of his forehead. Oli may be taller but he looked minuscule compared to Ben who seemed to be radiating anger and his love to me all at once. Oli took a step back, his eyes dark and his jaw locked.

All I could here was the sound of my heart pulsing in my ears, my eyes widened at the scene before me which looked so animal, like two alpha males of a pack. Oli's eyes flashed between Benedict and my own eyes. His lip snarled and I half expected a roar to follow. "This isn't the last of this" he spat in Benedict's face before turning on his heel and marching away. I let out a breath I hadn't realised I was holding.

When Benedict turned around to me I caught a glimpse of his rage before his whole face seemed to soften, his arms winding around my back, pulling me into his tight embrace. Inhaling deeply I let my senses me overcome by his cologne, the mere smell igniting a fire within me at just the thought of the man wearing it. "Theresa" his voice purred against my neck, his lips hovering over the skin. "Theresa I need to ask you a question" My heart stopped. Time stopped around me. I just stared into those gorgeous bluey green eyes, focusing on the flecks of gold that shimmered as he stared down at me. "Will you do me a favour and explain why you are holding a metal arm?" His lips twitched, holding back a grin. "I, erm, err, found it, thought it would look good on my wall"

"On your wall?" He said, burying his head into my neck, making my thoughts even harder to control.

"Yes, in my bedroom, the colours are, umm, all right" What was I going on about

"I know what would look good in my bedroom" he sucked gently at the skin at the base of my neck, making my knees go weak but his strong grip held me steady.

"Do you know what I'm thinking?" I shook my head, feeling a deep blush crossing my face.

"Oh I think you do" he said as he brought our bodies together, his hands grazing my inner thighs.

"I'm thinking" I just about managed to say "that we should get out of here"

In what felt like no time at all the cab was dropping us off outside his apartment. The moment his front door closed his lips were against mine, warm and sweet but with a lot of passion. He hitched one of my legs around his waist before lifting me up so I could wrap the other around too. He carried me upstairs, all the while our lips never parting, my heart racing. As he lay me down on the bed something fell to the floor beside me. Reaching down I retrieved his deer stalker. Not caring whether he left it there intentionally or not I planted it on his head, a giggle escaping my lips. He gently pulled my dress off before taking off his own trousers and shirt. I loved how his eyes flashed as they caught sight of my rather fitting and scandalous underwear and I bit my lip as I lay back on the pillows. He lowered himself down so he was hovering above me. "I deduce" he began in his Sherlock voice "That you are certainly, without a doubt, the most beautiful, irresistibly sexy woman I have ever, and will ever meet and I look forward to the game which is afoot"

(Sorry for such a long wait, it won't happen again! I've finally got a laptop which means daily updates, pinky promise!!)