Chapter Sixteen

Theresa’s POV

I heard three light knocks on my door. Ok Theresa, I said to myself, stay calm and focused and do not get upset. I took a calming breath before opening the door. I had to bite the inside of my cheek hard to stop myself from smiling up at his beautiful face. He leant his arm against the door frame and was leaning slanted to the side slightly. He looked casual wearing a plain white T-Shirt and a pair of straight black jeans. I hadn’t seen him so casual before and I had to tear my eyes away from the way his arm against the door pulled the shirt tightly over his chest, revealing his muscles below.

I gestured for him to come in and used the time whilst we walked through to the sitting room to regain the little self control I had whilst around him. When I turned back around he was sitting on the sofa, his arm along the back of it and again the top was pulled tightly across his chest. I considered for a few moments asking him to change the way he was sitting but decided against it, I mean why waste such a perfect view right?

“Benedict” “Theresa “ We both started at the same time, I gestured for him to continue, sat down in the arm chair opposite and drew my legs up to my chest.
“Ok I understand how this must look, but really its nothing like that, I promise” He said, slow and hesitant his gorgeous, deep voice distracting me ever so slightly. “Ok go on then, explain” I said
“Well, I suppose the only reason I didn’t tell you was I was scared how you would react. I mean… Damn I don’t even know. I guess I was going to tell you when I came here last, but then you told me everything about Jamie and, I don’t know, I guess I was slightly overwhelmed, but only because it was all so new and different, and then when you lay in my arms I realised how perfect it felt and I didn’t want to say anything that might of jeopardised that.” His words seemed to stumble out of his mouth, with those perfectly lined lips – focus Theresa – and it was strange to see him so flustered.

 “I guess I was just being selfish” He continued blushing slightly “I hadn’t slept very well since you were in hospital and when you were with me I felt so at rest that it was just easier to let us lie there, I’m sorry” and, for the first time since he was speaking, he broke eye contact with me. I felt a sudden surge of passion course through me as I looked at how truly apologetic he looked and I almost felt foolish for thinking that this was a much bigger deal than it needed to be.

I got up and walked across the room before kneeling before where he sat on the sofa. I looked up into his beautiful eyes, with their flecks of gold mingling with the green, and said quietly, yet forcefully, holding his face in my hands so he couldn’t look away “It’s ok, I forgive you”

My heart seemed to skip at least three beats as the smile that crossed his face was so genuine and caring and it made me feel special, like I was worth something to someone and it was something that I wasn’t used to feeling. He hooked a finger under my chin and placed the lightest, sweetest kiss on my lips.

“Before I forget” he said as he pulled away “Would you accompany me to a party on Saturday, I would love for you to meet my friends and I know that they are dying to meet you, I mean they must be getting pretty fed up with all the things I tell them about you” He said and as my cheeks blushed a deep red I saw his little half smile spread across his face, obviously aware of the effect his words had on me. “And… It… erm… could be our first proper outing with you as my… as my girlfriend?” he said slowly, and this time it was him who blushed deeply, the colour emphasising his already prominent cheekbones.

The smile that crossed my face was so wide that it was beginning to hurt my cheeks and I bit my lip before looking into his eyes once more and saying “I would love that too”. His eyes lit up and he ran his tongue along his bottom lip before cupping my face in his hands and placing his lips against mine once more. Only a few seconds passed before he managed to pull me up from the floor, a lips never parting, so that I was now straddling his lap and we stayed like that for a very long time. All the time I couldn’t help but think how lucky I was to have someone like him in my life; someone who cared about me the same way that I did about him, someone who was prepared to be there for me no matter what. These feelings were so foreign that they almost felt overwhelming but in some ways that was comforting and it was such an amazing feeling that at that moment in time I felt invincible and Benedict here, his body pressed firmly against mine with the occasional moan escaping his lips, was the only person in the world who mattered and that was perfectly fine with me.

(Ok guys I would just like to say how incredible it is that this story has got over 3000 reads, it means so much to me so thank you all! As some of you know the next chapter will be the party scene – and if you didn’t make sure you follow me on twitter @ourbenedictcumb – and if you want to be part of the chapter then just message me J )