Chapter Fifteen

Benedict’s POV

“Someone is cheery” Martin said as I walked onto the set, I just turned to him and gave him a big, goofy grin, and he laughed and went back to reading the script. I could feel a real spring in my step as I walked into my dressing room. I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes had an extra glow to them and my whole complexion seemed to be glowing. Wow, I thought as I sat down to look over the script for today, Theresa is pretty great.

The day continued like normal; we shot a few new scenes for a new episode of Sherlock which was great. Acting was something that really made me happy and I still couldn’t believe how successful the show had become it was so strange to be recognised in the streets and I have to admit I did love it.

“So Benedict are you coming on Saturday?” Called Martin as we headed out of the building, while the lights switched off dramatically behind us.
“Saturday?”
“Come on don’t tell me you have forgotten already?”
“Erm” I tried to remember but nothing came to mind , I pulled him a face to show him that I had forgotten and he laughed and said “Something more important on your mind then, or perhaps someone” and I felt my cheeks warm slightly as he gave me a knowing smile.
“Well its Rupert’s birthday and he has invited everyone to that new club in London, Warehouse or something, so you better be there. Maybe you could bring this new girl of yours along eh?”
“You know what Martin,” I said clapping him on the back “I might just do that” and with that I climbed into the back of my car and it began to drive away.

I pulled my phone out of my trouser pockets, swiped the lock screen, and started composing a new text to Theresa. I already missed her company; maybe I’ll ask her out to dinner tonight as well.

How is your day going? I’ve just remembered that next Saturday all the cast and crew are going out for Rupert’s birthday; he’s the one who plays Lestrade-

But then I got a new message and I felt my blood run cold. When were you planning on telling me that it was you who phoned the police and ambulance that night?

Shit. I deleted the message that I had already started writing and wrote instead How did you find out? It’s not what you think I was going to-

But once again another message came through, stopping me in my tracks. We need to talk about this. Please come round as soon as you can.

Looks like I’m in trouble.