Chapter Forty

Being back at work surprisingly made time go much faster and nearly two weeks had passed since seeing my parents. This is because I now spent most of my time texting Benedict and sending him funny photos of myself which he would then reply to with a picture of himself, let's just say I have plenty of blackmail worthy material.

I had also come up with a new plan in work which was working really well. When I get into work I collect all the filing I need to do and try and do that within the hour. Next I respond to all the emails which have arrived overnight and attend to any admin work such as phoning clients and organising or attending meetings. That means that by half way through the day I am finished with all my work. From that point on, baring the occasional phone call or new email, I have started typing up one of my stories and adding to it. It's almost as if I am a true writer.

*How's work? B xxx*
*Boring, what else is new. How's filming? T xxx*
*Bet I could liven up your work ;) and filming is quite slow today, doing a lot of retakes B xxx*
*What can't you liven up? ;) T xxx*
*Your brothers B xxx* That made me laugh
*I would be a bit alarmed if you could T xxx*
*Why don't you just quit? B xxx*

We have this conversation quite a lot and it usually ends with me realising that the only reason I don't want to quit is because I'm scared. I have always like having a sense of security, a routine and being unemployed was something that I have never really wanted.

*I don't know really T xxx*
*Well I will help you find a new job, there's no point you being there, you're wasting your own time and your talents! B xxx*
*I know T xxx*
*Quit and then you can come to the set, I miss you B xxx*
*Hahaha I knew there was an ulterior motive somewhere, we had dinner last night remember, or was the wine too much for you? T xxx* I have to admit his words did warm me up and suddenly the idea of quitting seemed a whole lot more inviting. Surely it's better for me to do something I love than this, and I have saved a large amount of money which can support me whilst I search for a job so really there is no reason for me to be here anymore.

*I know but I still miss you B xxx*
*I miss you too T xxx* A few moments passed as I took a deep breath, strengthening my resolve
*I'm going to do it, I'm going to quit T xxx*
*Woohoo no more moaning about your job to me! You'll be fine, deep breaths and then come to the set. I have to go, my scene now. Love you see you soon B xxx*
*Love you too T xxx*

I smoothed my skirt as I stood up, checked my hair in the mirror and began the walk down the corridor. I can't believe I am actually going to do this and it made me wonder why I hadn't done it sooner. Luckily it is Friday today which means that I don't have to stay on for the rest of the week and in a few moments I will be free from this horrid job. I knocked lightly on the door. It was only just after 2 which means that my boss will have just got back from his lunch and as its Friday he would have been to an Italian restaurant. See this is what I mean, this is exactly why I need to leave.

"Come in" A dull voice replied to my knocking. A grey haired, balding man with bleached white teeth and tanned skin sat behind his desk as he wrote something in a notebook. He didn't need a computer that's what I was for. "Ah Ms Mitchell, is there some meeting I have forgotten about." He asked, his supposedly charming smile on his face. "No, no meetings-"
"A visitor?"
"No visitors, well not that I know of-"
"Right" he said, his smile faltering, clearly wondering why I was here. The silence continued, my heart hammering in my chest.
"I am here" I began, and he waved his hand around, encouraging me to continue, "Because I want to quit."
"Oh I see, I don't think your father will be very impressed"
"It's not up to my father" I practically snapped back at him.
"Well I can't say that I will be happy to see you go but I see that you have other things that you wish to pursue in life" Did I hear him correctly? No long lecture. Nothing.

He stood from the desk and walked towards me extending his hand which I shook politely. "Thank you for everything that you have done for me" I said quietly, almost feeling sentimental. "And thank you for being a great employee, I shall email you a reference and the final pay cheque and details." He said smiling at me as I left his office.

I walked quickly back to my office, well my old office now, before logging out of my computer and putting the few possessions into my bag; my phone, my diary and my journal. I looked around the large room once more before shutting the door behind me. I didn't need to say goodbye to anyone else as I had never made any friends, we were too different to get along. I got into the lift and was soon in a taxi on my way to the studios.

The drive was less than half an hour and I walked through the sliding doors, feeling very excited to be on the site where so many films and TV shows were filmed, although the idea of them being in warehouses did take away from it slightly.

"Excuse me do you know where I can find Mr Cumberbatch?" I said to the busty blonde receptionist, whose top was far too low cut and who was annoyingly chewing her gum with her mouth wide open. She looked up at me, popped her gum, and then went back to the computer. "Excuse me" I said again, a little more forcefully "Where can I find Mr Cumberbatch?" She sighed heavily before looking up at me, a false smile on her face. "I'm sorry love but we don't do fan visits here." She went back to the screen once more. Thank goodness I quit as I was basically a glorified version of this woman. "No you don't understand he is expecting me" I knew the age gap between us wasn't exactly small but I would have hoped I didn't look like a deranged fan, which I was once but that's not the point. She rolled her eyes muttering something like "We will see" as she dialled some numbers into a phone with the end of her pen. "Hi it's Lorraine can you put me through to Benedict... Hiya Benedict" she said, her voice a few octaves higher , if that was even possible and I stood, rolling my eyes "A miss," she covered the mouth piece "What's your name? A Miss Theresa Mitchell is here to see you" her eyes widened as he spoke to her, her eyes flittering from me to door every now and again. "Yes of course" she said and hung up.

Stubbornly she carried on typing. "Well" I said, my voice thick with sarcasm. "He will be here in a minute" She said, not even looking at me. I waited patiently, looking round the bare foyer, a few people with head pieces and clipboards walked through doors, talking avidly. At last a large door near the desk opened and Benedict walked through, dressed in a long grey coat and his hair down and curly. It was quite strange seeing him dressed as Sherlock but quite a turn on. He walked across the room in a few of his large strides and took my face in his hands before placing a kiss on my lips then forehead, pulling me into a hug. My heart fluttered as he took my hand in his, not even looking at the receptionist as we left the room, and I waved at her now gawking expression as we left. Our entwined hands swung lightly as we walked through a series of long corridors and bare rooms and I felt something in his pocket. I reached over and pulled out the deer stalker hat and he stopped walking, his cheeks turning a deep red as he tried to snatch it from my hands. I jerked my hand away so he couldn't get it and walked towards him and, standing on my tiptoes, placed the hat on his head. "Well hello Mr Holmes"