Chapter Twenty Four

Half an hour later all the papers were signed and she walked off down the driveway as she only lived in the neighbouring cottage. I opened the boot and took the bags upstairs before going back to the car and picking up the still sound asleep Theresa.

I placed her on the bed feeling nervous. She was still wearing tight jeans and a jumper and it didn't look the most comfortable thing to sleep in. I didn't want to go through her bag either to get her pyjamas out so I looked in my own instead. I pulled out a T-shirt, admiring the array of my favourite clothes she had picked for me. Hands shaking slightly I undid the button on her jeans and then the zip. I then pulled the jumper off over her head and, as quickly as I could put my T-shirt on her, gosh she was a deep sleeper, but hopefully she would be more comfortable now. I pulled the sheet around her body and she rolled over, clutching the sheet in her hand. She continued mumbling all the time, a string of random words, and she looked so peaceful that I couldn’t help smiling down at her and I placed a light kiss on her forehead before heading out.

I took of my own shirt and trousers and decided to have a shower after what happened yesterday. I let the hot water wash away my fear and uncertainty as I felt much safer now as we were both out of harm’s way. Once washed I put on a pair of track suit bottoms but left my top bare as the cottage was warm and the day looked like it had the makings to be quite hot. I decided that there was no point in sleeping now as it was so early in the morning and I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by waking up next to me. This was the most real relationship I had had in months and probably the best I had ever had and I didn’t want to ruin it by taking things too fast.

 I walked down the short staircase into the kitchen. The whole cottage was bright with light walls and light wooden floors. It had a comfortable feel and was slightly old fashioned with its furniture and lack of electrical. I opened the double glass doors which opened onto a long garden with a gate at the back, which if you went through would lead you down onto the beach.

The sun felt glorious on my skin and I stood, eyes closed and arms wide, basking in light. As it was still not even 6am it wasn't that warm yet so I pulled a sun lounger up onto the decking and lay down as I could still feel the heat from the house. Driving all through the night had really taken its toll on me and I could feel my eyes closing just a little but more each second, the sound of the waves just audible in the distance mixed with the morning calls of the birds was amazingly soothing…

Gentle, melodic whistling now filled the kitchen. Opening my eyes I could see the blaring sun central in the sky, it must be nearly midday if not later. I sat up and turned around and saw Theresa in the kitchen, her back to me, at the kitchen stove. She had taken off her jeans and now stood in just my t-shirt which stopped a few centimetres down her thigh, her hair tied in a messy bun. Damn.

As quietly as I could I walked into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind, she jumped at first but then relaxed into my chest. “Afternoon” she said warmly “I made us omelettes” she flipped the mixture over expertly and I could see the golden cheese oozing out and it smelt wonderful. “Everything looks delicious” I said slowly, trailing kisses along her exposed neck and I could see her cheeks redden the way I loved them too.

We ate out in the garden enjoying the sun and the peacefulness of not being in the crowded London streets. “This place is amazing” She said after her final bite, her eyes taking in the flowers and the cottage itself and I felt a surge of warmth at the compliment. “Where are we?”
“Cornwall” I answered, picking up the plate and stretching slightly, enjoying the way her eyes trailed over my stomach. When I played Khan I had to tone up quite a bit and just by eating healthily I had managed to maintain a lot of the muscle.
“It gets better” I said as I washed the plates
“How?” She said, her eyes wide in disbelief
“Follow me” I said, taking her hand in mine, the familiar tingles shooting through my hand.

I lead her through the garden and opened the gate, revealing the beach view. The yellow sand was clean and even, the waves lapping gently at the shore. The sun danced across the vast expanse of ocean before us, only disturbed by a few surfers. “Fancy hitting the beach?”