Chapter Thirty Nine

His kiss was gentle and passionate causing both our heart rates to increase. He shuffled back on the desk gently pulling me up to join him. “Oww” he said pulling away. “What?” I said giggling at his face, he reached behind him and pulled out a pot of pens causing both of us to start laughing in whispers. “Perhaps I should do the movie thing and swipe everything off of the desk” he said, a boyish grin creeping onto his face. “Perhaps but that would make a lot of noise and we wouldn’t want anyone coming in now would we” I said pouting, resting an arm on either side of his face, my body hovering above his. For once my dad’s oversized, rarely used, desk was coming to a good use.

“We certainly wouldn’t” he said, his eyes growing wide. I pushed my lips back against his, pulling his bottom lips into my mouth, sucking it playfully and was rewarded with a stifled moan. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled my whole body down against his, causing me to start giggling again at his haste. “Its quite exciting the idea of being caught” Benedict said his lips still against mine. A heartbeat passed both of us obviously thinking of how I used to do this with Oli who was still somewhere upstairs. “I don’t need anything more than you to excite me” I said desperately trying to restore the mood. It seemed to work as Benedict’s lips were soon against mine, his hands lightly pulling at my hair. I don’t know what it is but I have always loved people playing with my hair and Benedict must have noticed this as he ran his thumb against the base of my neck sending shivers through my body.

My hand trailed down his stomach, undoing the button of his trousers and I ran my hand along his already hard bulge. His lips flew to my neck, sucking slightly at the soft skin along my collar bones making it quite hard for me to concentrate on anything. “Hang on I will get the papers out of the office” A muffled voice came from in the hallway, the door opened a crack and my heart felt like it was about to explode in my chest. The light through the crack illuminated Benedict’s face, his eyes wide and darting side to side. “You said in the desk drawer right… Wait which one” The voice came again. I wasted no more time and scrambled off the desk, grabbing Benedict’s hand as he frantically tucked his shirt back in his trousers. I wish I had a camera as he looked like a schoolboy having been caught by a teacher. Laughing quietly I grabbed his hand and ran as silently as possible through the office. “Yes ok” the voice came again as the door flew open and James walked in, flicking on the light switch. I pulled Benedict hard back against the wall behind a bookshelf, and placed a finger to my lips.

James walked around the desk to the drawers, his body now facing directly where we were, concealed by the bookshelf. I knew James would immediately say something to mum or dad if he saw us so I sucked in my stomach in desperation to make sure nothing was visible. “I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed” I heard James sing and I had to clutch a hand over my mouth to stop the laugh escaping my lips. He continued ruffling in the drawers and I looked to Benedict whose eyebrows were high in disbelief at James’ song choice, a few wrinkles appearing on his face and by his eyes. “Oh, well, guess beggars can't be choosey” The moment he started rapping I couldn’t contain my laugh, a snort escaping through my lips. Benedict’s hands clamped over my own over my mouth as though trying to trap the sound, the innocence on his face making my heart melt.

James head snapped up, his eyes scoping the room, hovering momentarily where we were standing and my heart rate increased tenfold. He shook his head before picking up a mixture of papers and leaving the room, the door closing behind at him. We both in unison released a sigh of relief and turned to each other and burst out laughing like children. I laughed until my stomach was aching and he was wiping a tear from his eye. I’m glad that things are back to the way they were between us because arguing is not something I enjoy. Laughing like this with someone makes you feel so close to them, like you are joined together in a way that is hard to describe, it breaks down all tension and warms you up from the inside. He puts an arm around my shoulder and kisses my head, his hand running along my arm. I walked over to the door peering out, James Bond style, before gesturing for Benedict to follow me, his head shaking side to side , his chest shaking with laughs as I attempted a mock army roll.

A little over an hour later we were on the road. We had decided to leave as the sun started setting as both of us were tired and I think Benedict was keen to leave Oli behind, I had managed to avoid telling him about the wedding for not wanting to create more tension. I didn’t see Oli either after the attic, I had a feeling he was avoiding me. My dad clasped his hand tightly as we said goodbye and clapped him on the back which I took to be a very good sign and I think Benedict did too. My mum blushed heavily again as he kissed both her cheeks. All my brothers shook hands with Benedict and Derek spun me around in a tight hug as though we were five years old again. Before we left my mum set up a timer camera to get a family photo, including Benedict and I noticed that she stood on the other side of him to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if she cropped everyone else out and framed the photo next to her bed.

Benedict’s fingers laced through mine as my eyelids felt heavy. He turned the radio on and a new Ed Sheeran song started playing called “Tenerife Sea”. My eyelids began to flutter closed and Benedict sung along to the song “Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need” and a smile spread across my face lazily as I watched the way his lips moved and his forehead creased in concentration as he sang and I wondered how I was so lucky to be with someone like him.

“Tessa” he said quietly as I felt his hand shake mine gently. A smile spread across my face at his use of my nickname as I stretched in front of me. “Do you want me to take you home or back to mine?” he asked, ever the gentleman. Thoughts of sleeping in my own bed were very inviting but not as much as sleeping with Benedict. “Back to mine please” I muttered quietly and watched as his smile faltered momentarily, “But only if you’ll come in with me” I added smiling at his smile. Here we were sitting in a car grinning ear to ear at each other like to idiots but that just made me smile even more. I realised I must look like a mad man so I reduced the toothyness of my smile. His fingers returned to mine, his thumb circling my palm, “I would like that” he said and I realised how little I had been at my own apartment the last few days.

Another half an hour passed by and I flittered in and out of sleep until I felt the car pull to a stop. Benedict opened my door and his arms lifted me easily of the seat. I clutched the lapel of his jacket, burying my head closer into his chest, his strong cologne and what can only be explained as clean smell engulfed me making me feel safe in his arms. We arrived at my door and I realised I didn’t have any keys “Perhaps I should get you a key cut” I joked as we waited for Tina to open the door. Our eyes met and I smiled at the idea even though I meant it jokingly. Good thing Tina is as boring as me and she is always home as the door opened and she was in sweat pants and a jumper, her hair in a messy bun, her mouth full of popcorn a bowl in her hand. At the sight of Benedict and me at the door, me in his arms, she nearly dropped the bowl, and attempted to smooth her hair.

We both just laughed at her and in her good natured way she laughed as well, shaking her head. I lead Benedict to my room that he had been in only a few times, were he placed me on the bed. I looked out over the London city and it felt nice to be home again. Benedict opened one of the wardrobe doors and opened a few drawers looking for something. I sat back on the bed, trusting him enough not to be worried. He threw a nighty at me and said that he would sleep in his boxers which was fine with me. Just as I was slipping into the silky smoothness of the dress, and admittingly enjoying watching Benedict in a pair of socks, his boxers and his shirt unbuttoned he turned back to the wardrobe to close the doors, stopping half way. “What’s this?” he asked pulling a large piece of paper out of the wardrobe.

The sight of the shiny material pulled me out of my trance oh god. First the picture now this. He unrolled the paper and I buried my head into a pillow to mask my embarrassment. There was no way to hide what he had found or deny that it was mine considering it was in my wardrobe. I peeked over the top of the pillow as he stood next to poster version of himself and Martin Freeman on a Sherlock poster. “Care to explain” he said, trying to hide his smile but his lips were twitching as he bit down on his lip. “Erm no” I said, burying me head at the pillow. It was ripped out of my grip and I rolled over onto my front my head in the mattress. I felt the pillow hit the back of my head and rolled over, eyebrows raised. “Oh no you didn’t” I said grabbing a pillow and hurling it at him, which he spun to avoid the sides of his shirt flying out to the sides. “Don’t start something you can’t finish” I said throwing the remaining pillows on the bed at him, a few hitting him. “Oh I always finish what I start” he said before rugby tackling me down onto the bed.

(Hope you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment and to whoever asked for a longer chapter hope this meets your expectations)