Chapter Seventeen

Ok Theresa take deep breaths, there is nothing to be nervous about… But what if his friends don’t like me? Or think I’m weird? What if they are all weird? Not helping Theresa, think positively! I ran my hands along the back on my black chiffon dress to stop it from flying up in the wind while I waited for Benedict to pick me up. The dress was quite short, about mid thigh, and had a floaty quality to it. The two pieces of material came down across my chest to meet in a v shape, revealing quite a bit of cleavage but hey it’s a party, they then crossed over each other tightly at the waist before flowing down my thighs. The dark material contrasted nicely with the auburn of my hair and I wore a pair of dangling silver earrings.

A smart black car pulled up at the curb, the instant it stopped Benedict popped out, wearing a dark blue suit but with dark greeny brown stripes running along it. He looked magnificent. His eyes travelled up and down the dress and his adorable half smile crossed his face. He planted a light kiss on my lips – still managing to make it flutter - “You look simply radiant” He said, his words making my cheeks flame and I nervously crossed one leg across the other. He held the door open for me and I slid inside the car, the soft leather seats cold on my bare legs.

He climbed in after me and we started driving. He patted his pocket a few time, and swallowed nervously quite a bit as well. I laced my fingers through his and he smiled at the gesture and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing the top of my head. His thumb trailed up and down my arm making small goose bumps appear there.  

“Theresa” He said quietly after a few moment, he coughed lightly before continuing “There is something that I would like to give you” I shifted forward slightly so I was facing him and anticipation began to flourish within me, my heart rate increased and I looked up at him smiling “Ok, what is it?” I felt like a child on a birthday when their parents tell them they have a surprise in the garden.

 He put his big hands into his pocket, they were shaking slightly, and pulled out a large rectangular box (That’s what he must have been patting I thought to myself). He handed it to me and looked away, obviously nervous, and now it was my turn for my hands to shake. “I saw it whilst I was out and it made me think of you and … well…it was so beautiful so I thought I would give it to the most beautiful girl I know” He gestured for me to open it.

Slowly I pulled the lid open and it revealed the most stunning necklaces I had ever seen. It had a thin, delicate silver chain which held an intricate humming bird, its tiny wings behind it as though in flight. The detail was spectacular; each curve of the feathers, the shape of the beak and the expression on its face. Its eye was made of a tiny emerald and completed the bird beautifully. I didn’t know what to say, words seemed to of escaped me, so I sat both mouth and eyes open wide and in silence.

“If you don’t like it… I can take it back… or exchange it… I mean it was probably a silly thing to-“ He would of continued this nervous ramble if I hadn’t of crashed my lips firmly against his, holding his soft hair in my hands. It took him a moment to register what I had done before he began to kiss me back. I pulled away after a few moments, aware of the fact the car had stopped moving because of a traffic light and the drivers eyes quickly moving away from mine in the rear view mirror.

I placed a kiss on Benedict’s nose “Thank you, it is so beautiful, you really didn’t have to its very sweet of you, I love it” I rambled on, handing the necklace to him so he could put it on me. His hands lingered on my exposed lower back and I could feel his breath hot against me neck, instantly quickening my heart beat. He trailed a finger along my spine and placed a few kisses along my neck sucking slightly at the skin.

Before anything could escalate any further the car came to a stop once more but this time the door opened, letting the cool night time air in. We were here.  

(Ok i know this isnt the party bit but i am working really hard on that one because something quite unusual is going to happen ;) enjoy, please vote and comment i love reading and replying to you all. Add me on twitter @ourbenedictcumb https://twitter.com/ourbenedictcumb i am always there if you need someone to talk to or just look at the amazing benedict picture i post haha love you all. PS i added pictures of the suit benedict is wearing in this scene)