Chapter Twenty Six

We walked along the garden and into the kitchen, closing the glass doors behind us. I stared out into the garden, hearing only the sound of my breathing but I could feel a certain tension growing in the air. My heart was racing now, half due to anticipation but half due to nerves. Ok maybe more than half because of nerves. My palms were beginning to sweat and I could feel my cheeks flushing already. An awkward moment passed with both of us standing in the kitchen in silence. His eyes were wide, flickering side to side, as if searching mine, looking for some sort of sign or encouragement. His pink lips were parted slightly, as he breathed heavily. I couldn’t hold his eye contact and stared at the floor intently. I counted the panels of wood on the floor to pass the time, too scared to say anything.

Chewing the inside of my lip I looked up, he was still looking at me, his head slightly to the side, a small smile playing of his perfect lips. I could feel my cheeks reddening as the tension in the room began to thicken. I swallowed hard, and decided this time to look at the ceiling. Say something Theresa! I screamed at myself, anything! “So… what do you want to do you want to do for dinner? I could cook us something, or we could go out, I’m sure we could order in if you wanted too. Or if you’re not hungry that’s fine also we could-“ His lips ceased my rambling, a gentle kiss that, even when he pulled away, I could still feel lingering on my lips. He was stooped slightly so I could see straight into his piercing eyes and they seemed to both calm my nerves and increase them at the same time, if that is even possible. His eyes continued to search mine and when I tried to look away he held my face in his big, strong hands, keeping my eyes locked on him.

When I looked into his eyes it was as if nothing else existed, I could lose myself in the sea of brilliant blue. His eyes were so kind, so honest. But there was something else too, something that I had never seen in anyone’s eyes when they looked at me. Lust. His eyes continued to search mine, only now did I understand what for, he was looking for permission, he must be. My hands shaking slightly I placed them on either side of his head, my thumbs running along his jaw line, and placed a kiss on either side of his mouth and then on his lips themselves.

That must have been what he was looking for as he returned my kiss with such passion and urgency it took me off guard. For a couple of seconds I stood still, my arm dangling by my sides, eyes open wide in shock. Eager not to waste anymore time, I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. His hands locked onto my waist, lifting me up and, almost instinctively, my legs wrapped tightly around his waist. His breath was hot against my face, uneven and rapid, and he staggered forwards so I was sat on the kitchen counter. One of his hands began to climb up my leg, his fingertips drumming lightly on my upper thigh, the other was lowering the straps of my beach dress so it fell down, exposing my torso with only my bikini. Warmth began to flow around my body, anticipation growing inside me. A little voice in the back of my head started muttering to me, asking me how far I was willing to go but I pushed it aside, too indulged in the kiss. I grabbed the curls of his hair tightly in my hands as he began to suck at the skin along the nape of my neck and I couldn’t help the moan that escaped my lips as his free hand slid under my bikini top, cupping my breast in his hand. At the same time his fingers brushed lightly against my bikini bottoms, sending sparks through my body. His kisses trailed down to my chest and my head rolled back allowing him greater access. “Fuck” I heard him whisper as he looked back at me – my bikini top now fully off somehow – and I bit my lip looking away embarrassed, although trying my best to slyly look at his now also exposed top half.

He removed his hand from my thigh and an involuntary whimper escaped my mouth at the loss of contact and he smirked, slightly cocky. Suddenly I was staring at the curve of his back and the stairs as I was fireman lifted out of the room. Each step we took the voice in my head grew louder and louder making me feel less and less confident. Then once more I was staring into his beautiful face as he lay me down on the bed, his cheeks were flushed now and his eyes were twinkling. His lips crashed against mine once more all the urgency returned. He tugged at my dress and I felt it fall away, leaving me feeling slightly cold. That didn’t last long however as his body covered mine, one of his hands tentatively hovering on the waistline of the bikini pants.

I could feel how turned on he was right now as our hands roamed over each other’s bodies, exploring, mapping each other out. He was driving me crazy, everything about him was intoxicating; his smile, his smell, the way his tongue moved along with mine. I heard him mutter something brokenly and his fingers begin to peel away the only material left on my body…

I pushed him hard in the chest, harder then I had intended too. The voice in my head had won, I was a coward and I knew it. He sat up straight, still sitting on me, and his eyes were now full of concern and worry. “Are you Ok? Did I hurt you? Did I do something wrong?” The questions cascaded from his mouth, his lips swollen slightly from our kisses and he was out of breath. “No its not you at all, it just that I… I mean I …” I could feel myself getting emotional, I was never good with talking about these sorts of things and suddenly I felt awfully exposed. He rolled to the side and sat cross legged opposite me, I pulled the sheet up around my body covering my skin slightly. He took my hands in his and his thumb trailed along the back of my hand soothingly. “It’s ok you can tell me” he said encouragingly. I took a deep breath and looked into his eyes, come on Theresa honesty is the best policy right? “I haven’t ever… you know-“ I tried explaining, although obviously unsuccessfully, as confusion filled his  face, one perfect eyebrow raised. “Ben… Im a virgin”