Chapter Forty Two

I’ve always hated being alone, my mind just loves to play tricks on me, forcing me to see every single one of my fears. Anything from hearing people to seeing shadows move and it was terrifying. I don’t know why I was just sitting here but I was too exhausted to walk on and there was no point as I would just get myself more and more lost. I pulled my legs to my chest and rested my head on my knees trying to ignore all the things my mind was making me see.

“Theresa!” I listened as his voice grew louder, his footsteps getting louder and faster and his voice was becoming more and more frantic. The door at the end opened at the light behind him made him see like he was glowing, the way he always looks to me. “Oh Theresa” he said again quietly as he picked me up, holding me tight, kissing my forehead. “What are you doing in here?” He asked, laughing softly and I shrugged, muttering something about getting lost and allowing myself to melt into his body. “Come on let’s get you home, ok?” he asked sweetly, his eyes wide searching mine. “Ok” I replied, leaning to kiss his soft lips.

His presence seemed to awaken me, giving me the energy to walk along with him, his hand swinging mine and chatting about his scenes. I tried to get any spoilers from him about the series but he stubbornly refused. “I will get you to tell me” I said quietly. “And how will out do that?” he said, his smug half grin on his face. Damn I didn’t mean for him to hear me. Acting spontaneously I turned and pushed his body against the wall, which was surprisingly easy having taken him by surprise. My heels gave me enough height to rest my forearms either side of his head, trapping our bodies tightly together. “Oh I don’t know” I said, doing my best to make my voice slower and slightly deeper, which was apparently working as his eyes grew wider, his smile faltering. “I’m sure we can come to some arrangement.” I said before biting my lip playfully.

His tongue wiped across his bottom lip as he watched me. I ran my thumb across his perfectly arched lips before walking my fingers down his chest to the now growing bulge. All his cockiness had vanished and I couldn’t help but smile at the sudden role reversal and I had no idea where this sudden confidence of mine had come from but I certainly liked it and so did he. My hand lightly cupped his groin and a little whimper escaped his lips and I moved my hand lightly, barely touching him, but could still feel how hard he was even through his trousers. “Stop teasing me” he practically gasped, his eyes closing slightly as I applied a little more pressure. His arm reached around my waist but I pulled it away “Uh uh uh” I scolded him jokingly, leaning into his body, whispering the words into his ear “You can look but you can’t touch” the words were out of my mouth before I could stop them and he whimpered again as I pushed the curls back from his face. Maybe it was having him dressed as Sherlock that had turned me on so much, perhaps dress up is something I should consider. The thought made me blush and I realised what I was doing and embarrassment rode through my body.

Thankfully he panted “Ok ok you win” and smiled victoriously, walking down the corridor making a big deal of shaking my hips as I walked and I head him laugh heartily as he ran to catch me up.

We carried on walking to his dressing room where he, annoyingly, changed quickly into a pair of jeans and a white t shirt and I was blown away by his casual handsomeness. It made me feel so happy that he was confident enough to change so easily in front of me, still keeping our conversation going. With that he turned off the light, opening the door for me to walk out of. We walked past the receptionist who waved goodbye to him and who he barely acknowledged as he was engrossed in our conversation. He hailed a cab before opening the door for me which I thanked him for. It feels amazing to be treated by a lady especially by Benedict freaking Cumberbatch. Sometimes it just hits me who he is and how lucky I am to be dating him and it puts a stupid fat grin on my face. He walked around the other side of the cab before climbing in, chuckling at my expression. “Come here” he said opening his arms wide for me and I slid across the leather seat into his warm embrace. “Oh no, stop please” benedict said, making me open my eyes. “I forgot my briefcase, I’ll be thirty seconds” he said before kissing my forehead, climbing out of the car and beginning to jog back to the studio. Luckily we haven’t even left the car park yet. “Tree wall gardens” a familiar blonde haired voice said, causing my eyes to snap open once again as panic flooded my body.