Chapter Forty One

Benedict’s POV

“Well Hello Mr Holmes” She said, standing on her tiptoes and my heart rate quickened. I cupped her beautiful face in my hands as I looked into her eyes, pupils dilated. My gaze upon her caused her cheeks to glow slightly, something which I had always loved. I was worried that she would take the mick about me being in costume but apparently it had the opposite effect, maybe dressing up is something that she was into. The thought made me laugh as her innocent wide eyes grew even wider in confusion. I placed a flutter of kisses on her mouth, causing her to giggle and the sound was so sweet that it made me smile through my kisses. A door opened in the end of the corridor and I carried on walking, her hand still in mine and whistled sarcastically, whilst watching her cheeks redden out of the corner of my eye.

I opened a door and gestured for her to walk inside and her smile grew wider as I knew how much she liked my gentlemanly gestures. My dressing room was simple with a leather sofa and a few chairs around a table, a dressing table ladened with products I hadn’t a clue how to use, a wardrobe and an en suite bathroom. Ok maybe it wasn’t that simple but it didn’t have a lot of things some of the other cast had because I felt bad asking for things. She walked around the room, her hands trailing over the different framed newspaper articles and photos on the wall, which I had not put there I hasten to add, admiring them all.

I sat down heavily on one of the sofas, dramatically sighing in hope that she would come and join me. She continued to look at the newspaper article, making a big deal of intently reading it, her finger trailing a long each word as she tried to hide the smile on her face. I sighed a few more times before she started laughing, still stubbornly teasing me. “Did you want something?” she asked, her voice full of sarcasm. “You” I bluntly replied, enjoying the burn of her cheeks again. “Come here” I said opening my arms wide and she walked forward to sit on my lap. She was dressed in her work clothes, the knee length pencil skirt showing off her gorgeous figure. She took the hat off my head and put it on her own, the front of it falling down past her eyes.

I took the opportunity to kiss her then, the curve of her lips as she laughed was too inviting. In her momentary blinded state I twisted so she was lying down more. Her surprise was evident as she gasped and I used this to deepen the kiss, her fingers winding around my hair and I felt a shiver run through me. I realised then, as I began feeling very hot, that I was still wearing the heavy coat and sat up to take it off, shaking it from my shoulders in haste. She wolf whistled and I played along by dramatically dropping the coat on the floor. She laughed as she spun the hat on her finger, causing it to fly away onto the floor. My lips were back against hers and I could feel the stress of filming being released as she lay completely flat against the sofa, pulling me down with her. I nibbled and sucked slightly at the skin along her collar bones, undoing her work shirt, and was rewarded with a soft groan.

A loud knock at the door caused us both to jump having been so caught up in our own little world. “One second” I said, through her kisses. She pouted at me as I walked to the door where a man called Will was standing, clipboard in hand. “It’s your scene now Ben” He said before walking away. “Thank you” I called to him. I turned around sighing only to start laughing until my sides ached and I could feel the curls on my head bouncing. Theresa stood in my coat, which was far too big, and the hat standing in a very jokingly provocative stance, trying her best not to laugh as well. “Come on you” I said pulling her into one last sweet kiss as I put my coat back on and she slid back into her heels, bringing her nearly up to eye level. I took her hand in mine, noticing the smile begin to creep onto her face as I lead her through the maze of studios that I had become so accustomed to.

Theresa’s POV

He walked onto the bright lights of the set of the flats living room apologising for being late at which point he winked at me and a few heads turned my way smiling. It was so strange to see the famous living room as a set and I watched as Martin, Una and Benedict began to act. It was quite intriguing, watching how he can change his whole personality when he acts, how they all can. Everything changes, from his posture to his voice, the way he moves his hands and his eyes, and I find myself clapping at the end of the scene, which resulted in more heads being turned my way and Benedict laughing to himself mouthing “you’re mad” at me. I tried to supress the memory of Oli saying that to me so many years ago and also the wedding which was approaching.

I watched the scene being filmed again but on the third go I wondered around the room, picking up different props, resisting the urge to take selfies with them all. I picked up the violin and pretended to play it, amusing myself quite a lot. Hands around my waist caused me to jump and drop the violin which, of course, Benedict caught. “You were brilliant!” I squealed, hugging him tight, loving the way his arm wrapped around my waist pulling me closer, one of his hands holding the back of my head. “Thank you” he said, kissing me softly “I especially enjoyed the clapping” I fiddled nervously with the lapels of the coat, trying to hide my embarrassment causing him to chuckle. “I have a few more scenes to film but they shouldn’t take too long, you can go back to the dressing room if you would prefer.” He said before sweetly kissing my forehead. I nodded as he walked back on stage.

After another hour or more my excitement was still at its peak as we walked through different studios to the next set, whether it was Lestrade’s office or Mycroft’s ‘gym’ room and I have to admit I have no shame in taking pictures of myself in various rooms or with various props when no one was around. I had gotten into a nice conversation with Mark who was such a sweet guy that I felt quite sad when he walked off to film, waving at me. I recognised a few of the girls from the party but they were all busy with the tech side of things. Another hour past and I was beginning to feel tired, my excitement and quitting my job today had been quite draining so I walked back to Benedict’s dressing room.

Or at least I thought I did. I backtracked and took a left which took me to a fire door so I decided to take a right at the end of the corridor. No this didn’t look familiar at all. I sighed as I walked through room after room, beginning to feel quite scared as many of them were barren and the sound of my heels on the floor was quite intimidating. With no idea where I was or where to go next I sat down on the floor and took my heels off which now killing my feet and waited for inspiration to come.