Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Harry was still driving and didn’t look at me. He just stated that he had something to tell me and whenever someone says that, it is never good. I don’t know what he’s going to say but I am dreading it.

“Harry.” I stated. He totally avoided the topic.

“Oh, I stole some brownies from the ‘comfort food table’ at the wake. They are really good.” Harry said. I looked at him confused. He put the bag of brownies on my lap and I hesitantly grabbed one and took a bite. They were actually really good.

“Okay, so are you trying to give me comfort food to comfort me or…? Can you just tell me what you were going to say?” I said.

“Okay, well, you know I love you and…” Harry started off and all of a sudden I started coughing. I was coughing like crazy and my throat was hurting.

“Cammie?” Harry questioned. I was coughing and holding the brownie in my hand. Harry’s eyes widened and he grabbed the desert out of my hand and noticed that there were peanuts in it.

“Oh my god.” He said as he GPSed the nearest hospital. I was coughing and my throat was closing. My tongue was swelling and my eyes were shutting.

“Cameron! Stay with me.” Harry said grabbing my hand. I leaned back and I tried to keep my eyes open. I was choking and could barely breathe. Harry pulled into the hospital parking lot and parked his car. He jumped out and he opened my door and carried me inside.

“Help! She’s having an allergic reaction!” I heard Harry yell as he placed me on the cart. They flashed a light in my eyes and down my throat.

“We don’t have much time. Hurry.” A doctor spoke and I was wheeled away.

*

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes. I saw all the needles in my arm and the machine beeping next to me, showing my heartbeat. I was in a white room and in a bed with white sheets. I looked to my side and I saw my family. I gave my parents a small smile.

“Cameron.” My mother said coming to my side.

“Cam, you had a severe allergic reaction. If Harry didn’t get you here when he did you would have died.” My dad said. Harry? He gave me the brownie. Did he want to kill me?

“I’m glad you’re okay Cam.” Ashley said. By the way, she and Niall broke up a few weeks ago. Although, she never told me the reason. I flashed a weak smile as she squeezed my hand. My older brother place a kiss on my head and everyone left the room except for Maddie.

“Kiddo, what are you still doing here?” I asked softly.

“Cam, please don’t die.” She said shakily.

“I’m not going to die.” I chuckled softly.

“The doctors said you were close to it.”

“Yes, close but I didn’t.”

“I never want to lose you.” She said hugging me.

“You never will.”  I hugged her back. Maddie pulled back and looked up. I looked up too and it was Niall. He was holding a teddy bear and I smiled. He was too sweet.

“Hi Cam, I brought you a gift.” He smiled shaking the teddy bear. I smiled and he handed it to me.

“Thanks it’s adorable.” I smiled. Niall sat at the end of my bed.

“Hey Niall?” I asked

“Yeah?”

“Why did you and my sister break up?” I asked.