Chapter 46

Chapter 46

It was a few weeks since Tyler has murdered his dad. The dance production has been put on hold until we figure out what is going to happen to him. Today was his court date. We aren’t allowed inside but I am hoping that they don’t lock him away. I need him in my life. He is still my best friend. I was sitting outside the court house on a bench. I wanted to be there to see Tyler as soon as he leaves. It was still cold outside so I had on my pea coat and it was buttoned up to my neck with a scarf around my neck and a grey beanie on my head. I was biting the skin around my nail. I was so nervous for what the plea might be. It felt like hours had passed when people started leaving the court house. I stood up and I ran towards the flow of people. There were cameras and I saw Tyler’s mom and Bridget, they both were crying. I ran up the stairs and I hugged them both.

“What happened?! What’s the plea?!” I asked intensely.

“Not Guilty by reason of insanity.” Tyler’s mom cried. I couldn’t tell if she was happy or sad or both.

“But he is going to be locked away in an insane asylum.” Bridget cried. My throat started to close.

“What for how long?!” I asked worried.

“Potentially forever.” Bridget spoke with barley no voice.

“No! They have to let him out!” I yelled. Tyler was being walked out by a few guards and his attorney.

“Can I have a few minutes?” he asked the guards.

“One minute.” A guard said and they backed away. Tyler went to his mom first. She hugged him and cried. I was too busy thinking about my life without Tyler to listen to what he was saying to them. I grew up with him, he helped me with dance, he saved me from my eating disorder, we spent time together in England, we auditioned together. We are dance partners. Why is this happening?! Why is this allowed to happen? It isn’t fair. Tyler came over to me. I hadn’t realized I had been crying until I looked up and I felt the wet salty tears fall down my cheeks.

“Cam, listen to me, I don’t have much time but I want you to know our friendship means the world to me. I want you to dance forever and become a star because I know you will. Don’t worry about me. I will be okay. This is for the best. Please take care of my mom and Bridget. I am so thankful that you are my best friend. I wish you and Harry the best of luck. Tell your family I love them and that I said goodbye.” Tyler said while a tear spilled over the brim of his eye. I hugged him and I realized I couldn’t speak without completely breaking down. I nodded my head in his shoulder. Tyler was ripped away from my grip and was pushed toward a bus. Bridget was screaming and crying. She was practically on her knees. His mother looked so heartbroken as she watch her son enter a bus that was going to deport him to a hospital filled with crazies. Tyler is now associated with those people. He is one of them. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my life.

*

Weeks went by and Tyler was required to have a lobotomy which is a surgery on your brain that basically leaves you as a vegetable.  You can’t speak, or talk, or move. You can barely comprehend anything. His multiple personalities were appearing more frequently and were becoming more violent. They were not only trying to harm other people but Tyler himself. It was completely absurd. Sadly, Tyler’s mom had decided that she wanted them to give him a lethal injection to send him to peace. It was the hardest decision she has ever had to make but she wanted what was best for her son. The funeral was today and I hadn’t moved from my bed in my dorm. I hadn’t gone to dance or class. I hadn’t showered and I had barley eaten.

“Dude you have to get up! It’s time to get ready.” Bridget said.

“No.” I spoke.

“You literally are rotting away in here.” Brenda said making a fowl face.