Nandos Reunion

10 hours, 5 time zones, 3 spilled drinks and two very pissed off flight attendants later we were finally landing in London.

            “Where’s the fire?” Lissy yelled when Brendon kicked her awake, earning suspicious glares from other passengers.

            “No fire, were in London Lissy-Head.” Brendon laughed standing up and grabbing our carry-ons. She grumbled and copied him, trudging out of the airplane. We wandered around the airport, looking for somewhere to have lunch; for us it was noon, for everyone in London it was 5pm.

            “Maggie!” I heard my name shouted about 4 seconds before I was attacked into a huge bear hug.

            “Kelsi, cant, breathe” I choked out. She released me and held me at arm’s length to get a look at me.

            “Well look at you! What happened to the brace-face, acne prone 13 year-old I last saw? This can’t be my little Maggie Richards, she’s all grown up!” she said crushing me in another hug. “How are you honey?”

            “Hi Kelsi I'm fine, these are my friends Lissy and Brendon.” I noticed them standing awkwardly behind out little scene. Kelsi rushed past me and grabbed both of them into another big hug. That woman loved to hug people. She was a little taller than me with shoulder-length dark hair and blue eyes. She was wearing one of her many dresses and headbands. She wasn’t a lot like many of the forty-two year-olds I knew, she was always energetic and acted like a child. She had one daughter about two years younger than me named Danielle. He husband had died at war many years ago but Kelsi had never remarried.

            “Of course!” she looked at Brendon first. “I’ve heard so much about you two! Brendon I know you’re really going to love the city.” She looked at Lissy next to him. “You both are!” we all made our way over to baggage claim then out to her car in the lot.

            “You kids must be starving!” She said looking at her watch. “I know this great little place right over in Manchester.” She said as she pulled out into the heavy city traffic. We drove to a diner that looked to be pretty busy based on the number of cars out front. We walked in and a waiter took us to a booth by the window.

            “Order whatever you want, the burgers are GREAT here!” Kelsi exclaimed diving into the menus placed in front of us.

            “That sounds great! Airplane food grosses me out, I feel like I could eat the entire cow!” Lissy said with a hunger in her eyes. I laughed, for a girl who always ate like every meal was her last she was incredibly skinny. We went up to the counter and the waiter took our drink and meal orders and went into the kitchen. I came back to the booth and Brendon nudged me in the ribs.

            “Ow!” I shouted at him, he shushed me and pointed at a booth a couple behind us.

            “Those guys are so checking you out!” Brendon said in his gay-friend voice. There were five guys sitting at the booth dressed in hoodies and sunglasses. They looked around my age but I couldn’t be sure.

            “Yeah right,” I laughed but the one in the middle wearing a purple Jack Wills hoodie looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back and turned around.

            “See!” Brendon song-sang to me. I giggled and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket with a new text message. Probably from Nick, I thought and looked down to the number it was from.

 New Text Message From: The Amazing Harry :)

Hi beautiful, remember me? ;)