Jacob

sorry for the crappy chapter... its a filler i guess... school started... BOO! i hate it!  grrr anyways enuff venting plz vote and comment! <3

           “Um,” Lissy said looking at the small child who was crouched behind the couch.

           “Shhh!” he said in a scolding voice. “I'm trying to hide here!” ah the obnoxious attitude only a five year old could have in NYC.

           “Don’t worry,” Brendon said in a clam whisper. “Who are you hiding from?” he squatted next to the boy.

           “My cousin, he wants me to take a bath, but I don’t want to,” he said blatantly.

           “Is your cousin in the hotel?” I asked.

           “Yeah, he’s watching me while my daddy is in the hospital.” He didn’t sound too concerned.

           “What’s your name?” Lissy asked. Maybe we could call the front desk of the apartments and ask what room he was in.

           “I'm Jacob, and you’re pretty,” he giggled.

           “Thanks Jacob, so what room are you staying in?” Lissy cooed

           “The one right around the corner, um 13, I think,” his forehead wrinkled and his brows furrowed as if he was in deep thought. He ran his hand through his jet black hair.

           ‘That’s cool, um Lis, I’ll be right back,” I stepped out of our room and walked down the hall to room 13. I knocked on the door and heard rustling behind it.

           “Jacob, is that you?” the deep voice asked opening the door. I looked up and froze in place. The guy in the doorframe had the same expression on his face as I figured I did.

           “Um, hi, sorry,” I tried to turn around but couldn’t make myself.

           “Maggie,” He breathed out.

           “What are you doing here?” I managed to whisper.

           “Um I had to watch Jacob, my uh cousin I guess,” Zayn said looking down at me. He ran his hand through his hair like Jacob had a minute before.

           “Well he’s in our room if you want to come get him,” my tone took on an icy quality and my feet finally obeyed my brain, taking me back to my room.

           “Wait Maggie,” he reached out to grab my arm but I pulled away from him. I rushed back inside my room and shut the door. With my back to it I slid down into a squatting position with my face in my hands.

           “Maggs, what’s up?” Lissy said concerned. I looked up at Jacob watching SpongeBob and mentally slapped myself. How could I not see how the two resembled each other? They even had the same hairstyle.

           “Hey Jacob, who’s watching you?” I asked, hoping Lissy would catch on.

           “I told you, my dad’s cousin Zayn.” He said not tearing his eyes from the TV set.

           “And what’s your last name?” I was taking a shot but you never knew.

           “Malik,” he said and Lissy’s eyes popped from her skull. Not really but they looked like they could’ve.

           “You mean,” she said but didn’t get to finish because there was a knock at the door behind me.

           “Ladies and gentlemen,” I said opening the door and pointing to the man that was behind it.

           “Um, delivery for Miss Maggie Richards,” the UPS guy said, confused by my hand gesture.

           “Oh, yeah sorry that’s me,” I blushed. I signed for it and he handed me a small package with lots of postage on it.

           “Maggie,” Zayn stood in place of the delivery man and I had to do a double take. When did he get there?

           “Go away,” I almost yelled.

           “Just let me talk,” he put his foot in the way of the door when I tried to shut it.

           “Yeah what about, or are you just here to make more excuses.” My eyes were stinging with the tears that threatened to overflow.

           “You saw,” he concluded and pulled me into his arms. I remained stiff for about three milliseconds before coming apart in his arms.

           “Zayn, what’s wrong with her?” Jacob asked pulling on his pant leg.

           “Someone didn’t treat her right; you never want to make a girl feel like this Jacob, never. Because,”

           “A boy makes his girl jealous of women but a man makes women jealous of his girl I know, I know,” Jacob finished for him. I sniffled and laughed.

           “Where were you when half of the male population was growing up?” I asked.

           “A womb,” he stated and I couldn’t help laughing. Jacob started laughing with us even though he didn’t know why.

           “So what are you two doing today?” Lissy came up behind us.

           “Well Jacob wanted to go to that really big toy store in the city, but we don’t have to if you want to hang out with us.”

           ‘No that sounds great, I haven’t been there in forever,” I said with a smile.

           “Sure, I think I'm free, I mean I guess I could move my three o’clock to four and then push back those appointments,” Lissy said in a business tone.

           “Were free,” I said rolling my eyes.

           “I'm not,” Brendon said guiltily.

           “Oh right that interview!” I said and Zayn gave me an are-you-shitting-me face. “No like an actual interview, for an internship,” I explained and he nodded.

           “Sorry mate,” he said towards Brendon who just grunted in a response, looking back at his phone.

           “Shall we?” Lissy asked holing out her hand.

           “We have to get dressed Lis! This may be ok for Mickey Ds but not that mall.” I pointed out our outfits.

           ‘Oh, right,” she blushed and we ran into our room. I threw on a teal top with white shorts and a thick brown belt. The back of the shirt was open with thin strips of fabric going across in an x pattern. I grabbed my brown toms and walked back out. Lissy was wearing a hot pink hoodie with the sleeves cut off and dark jean shorts. Amazingly she pulled off the surfer look very well.

           “Now we shall,” Lissy grabbed mine and Zayn’s hands with Jacob trailing behind us. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket with a reply text.

           Movie tonight? –Jack

           I replied saying I would love it and what time. I had a date, I smiled to myself.