The Amazing Harry

Hey to anyone who is reading this now! Just wanna say THANK YOU! :) It's my first book on Wattpad so i hope it turns out alright! Sorry right now for all the spelling and grammar mistakes its 2am right now and i AM NOT in the mood for editing ;)          

              The music in the club was pounding so loudly I could barely hear my own thoughts. That could have also had something to do with the three or four shots I had downed minutes before.

            “Magnolia Riley Richards you get your ass out here and join me!” a very drunk Brendon yelled from the middle of the dance floor. I giggled at his forwardness and went to join him and my roommate Lissy as Party Rock Anthem made the ground shake. The song ended and Jar of Hearts began to play, I awkwardly made my way through the swaying partners to the bar stools. However as my luck would have it I collided with a hard chest and felt his drink spill all over my new outfit.

            “Hey watch it!” I snapped before looking up to see a pair of deep sea blue-green eyes looking back into my emerald ones. “Oh, um… sorry I wasn’t… I didn’t mean… sorry...” I stuttered smartly getting lost in his eyes. He smiled sweetly and offered his hand for me to get up.

"That’s alright, I'm Harry by the way, and it’s my fault your outfit's now ruined" He blushed. I noticed he had a British accent and my heart started beating faster than it already was.

"Mines Maggie, and don't worry it’s not too bad" I observed my dress for the first time. It was a light purple that complimented my eyes and fair skin tone. Nothing was particularly special about me; I had naturally light brown curly hair fell above my waist and I was about average height at 5’7 and slim. See nothing amazingly unique. I had only had about two boyfriends in my 18 year old life and neither had been very serious.

            We stood in silence for about two minutes before the slow song ended and the volume rose to an ear-splitting level. Harry tried to say something but the music drowned out his words.

            “What?” I tried to yell over the music, Harry pointed to the corridor leading to the clubs restrooms just off of the dance floor. I followed him as we wove our way past drunken dancers; I tried to look back for Brendon and Lissy but lost their faces in the ocean of dancing bodies.

            “As I was saying,” Harry laughed as we squeezed our way into the hallway, “I think it would be quieter over here” And it was.

            “How long have you lived in New York?” I asked. I had just moved here after high school graduation a few weeks ago, this was my first time clubbing in the city and the fake ID I had used back in Michigan almost didn’t get me in.

            He chuckled at my question “I’m not from around here; me and the guys are on a quick holiday before we go back to work.” He winked and I could’ve sworn I had seen him somewhere before but the shots were catching up to me.

            “Oh that’s cool,” I said trying to think of something to talk about when he checked his phone and the time.

            “Shit! I’m so sorry but we were supposed to leave half an hour ago!” He said looking hurried as he typed a quick text message out. I looked down, was he leaving because I was boring? Not as pretty as some of the long and lean blondes back there like Lissy? He looked up after sending the message and took my phone from my hand and entered his number and texted himself. My jaw dropped a little at the fact he wanted to contact me again! I wouldn’t think I was his type. He handed my phone back and I smiled at the name he had entered: The Amazing Harry :).