Fight or Flight

“What’s your problem?” Louis yelled at Harry as soon as we were out of view. I hid my face in Lissy’s shoulder as she led me blindly into the room and sat me down on my bed.

            “I’ll be right back.” She kissed my hair and went out the door. I pulled myself up and walked into the bathroom. I felt so numb with emotion. Louis had said he loved me. Harry had yelled at me, again. I was so torn up about the two I didn’t know what to do. I looked at my wrists and shivered. I remembered what Louis had told me last time I cut and suddenly I didn’t feel so helpless.

            “Lissy?” I called out and nobody responded. “Lis, are you out here?” I called out my door. I heard the sickening sound of a fist on skin and Lissy cried out. “Lis!” I yelled and ran out the room and down the stairs as fast as I could. “Stop it!” I yelled at the two boys who were wrestling at the bottom of the stairs.

            “Maggie,” Lissy called from the side wall where she was clutching her arm.

            “What happened?” I couched next to her and ignored the guys.

            “I tried to break them up,” she laughed painfully. “Probably not the best idea.” She gripped her arm tighter and winced.

            “Hey!” I yelled at them but they seemed like they couldn’t hear me. “Cut it out!” I reached my arm in to grab Louis’s shoulder and I heard a crack accompanied with shooting pain up that arm. I cried out and fell to the floor on my butt. I felt somebody pick me and heard others screaming in the background. My vision cleared then blacked out slightly.

            “Shh, it’s going to be alright,” Niall whispered in my ear. I curled myself into his body and watched Louis and Harry break apart. Zayn and Liam held each of them back.

            “Lissy,” I croaked out and saw he stand up then wobble slightly. Zayn rushed over and steadied her. He looked at her shoulder and sighed to Liam.

            “They need doctors.” He said calmly then picked Lissy up.

            “What the hell did you two do?” Liam asked enraged.

            “Maggie,” Harry looked at me first, his face full of sorrow.

            “Come on Nialler,” Zayn said and the two boys carried us out of the house and into a parked car.

            “Ready?” Paul asked from the driver’s seat. Zayn shut the door behind him once we were all in the car and nodded. We drove to the hospital in silence that was only broken by Lissy and my groaning.

            “We need help!” Niall said carrying us in the emergency entrance.

            “What happened?” a nurse came running up followed by two others with gurneys.

            “I think she fractured her arm. She’s slipping in and out of conscienceless. We tried talking to her in the car but she looked like she blacked out.” Niall said about me. Huh, that wasn’t how I remembered it, but now I honestly didn’t remember how I had hurt myself in the first place. Or how I had gotten in the car.

            “I think she has a dislocated shoulder or elbow or something,” Zayn said about Lissy. “But she’s doing much better than her,” he pointed with his thumb to me.

            “Their names?” a male nurse came over and laid my down on the gurney and began examining my arm. Lissy was sitting on hers while her nurse was looking at her shoulder.