Caught On the Fly

“Maggie, get up!” my alarm clock yelled in my ear.

           “Shh!” I rolled over and buried my face in the pillows.

           “Come on Maggie, get up! The lads are coming over.” I reached and hit the snooze button without opening my eyes.

           “Um, ouch,” the alarm clock giggled. That was strange, alarm clocks didn’t giggle. Yes, that was what I latched onto. I opened my eyes and Louis was in my face.

           “Hey,” I muttered and closed my eyes again.

           “Oh no, you don’t get to break my nose and go back to sleep.” He shook me by my shoulders and I involuntarily rolled off the couch and landed on the hard floor.

           “Damn it Lou!” I rubbed my aching shoulder and stood up. “Why did you wake me up?”

           “We have a morning interview and were all meeting here in ten.”

           “Shit. Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” he rolled his eyes at me and chucked a pillow at my head. I dodged it and tossed one back.

           “Move your cute little ass,” he tossed a final pillow and I stuck my tongue out at him. I walked up the stairs but on the last one before it turned a corner I wiggled my butt at him. “Tease!” he yelled at me and started to run up the stairs after me. I squealed and ran as fast as I could up the three flights and into my room. I shut the door and stood panting with my back to it.

           “Louis?” I called out after a silent moment.

           “Shh, they’re here!” he hissed through the door and I heard his footsteps receding down the hall and eventually down the stairs. I walked quietly to the bed and sat down. The bed squeaked on the way down and I cringed at each individual noise. Someone knocked on my door and I jumped a mile in the air. My blood ran cold and I began to feel dizzy.

           “Maggs, it’s me.” Louis hissed through the door.

           “Lou!” I ripped the door open and hugged him.

           “What was that for?” he asked surprised.

           “For not being an ass, and for last night.” I smiled up at him.

           “Oh, well then thank you.”

           “So what’s up? Are the guys here yet?” I looked behind him but the hallway was clear.

           “Yeah, were heading out, I just wanted to bring you breakfast.” He held out a box of coco puffs and a carton of milk.

           “Um thanks?” I said confused.

           “Here,” he demonstrated by pouring the milk into the cereal box, shutting the box, and shaking it. He handed it back to me with a giant smile.

           “Thank,” I smiled at his childishness.

           “Oh,” he pulled a fork out of his back pocket.

           “No spoon?” I asked.

           “Liam.”

           “Oh, so you can’t even like have them in the house?”

           “Nope,” he popped the ‘p’

           “Cool, I thought it was just like a publicity thing.” He shook his head.