My Girl

“Maggie, it’s time to wake up,” I felt someone shaking me and at that moment I wanted to die. For some people, they can block out painful memories, or at least forget about them over the night, I was not one of those people. “Come on kiddo, I know it hurts, but the sun came up and so should you,” I recognized the quote and looked up at Kelsi. I sighed and sat up. “Normally I would be so pissed at you for having a boy sleep over but I think I can allow it this time.” she winked trying to lighten the mood but it just brought back the painful memories tenfold. That reminded me, where was Louis. As if on cue he swiftly enters the room and gives me the big bear hug only he can give.

           “It’s ok Maggs, it’s going to be ok,” he murmured into my hair, rubbing circles on my back. “But you need to call Harry and at least let him know you’re not dead, he has Paul out looking for you.” I knew he was right but I just couldn’t. He probably already knew that and kept rubbing my back. “Whenever you’re ready love, take your time,” he takes my hand but I don’t feel like standing up and following him. He pulled me onto his back and galloped like a horse to the kitchen. When we arrived I was starting to laugh again.

           “Look whose feeling better,” Lissy said, serving me breakfast. I felt like I was being handled with little kid gloves, everyone was talking to my in crooning baby voices. I smiled curtly and started eating.

           “Is she going to talk to him?” I heard Brendon whisper to my left.

           “I don’t think so, he screwed up and he knows it.” Louis whispered sharply. I had thought those two, Louis and Harry, were like super close. So why was he not defending Harry?

           “I can hear you two,” I said between mouthfuls. “And I might call him but I don’t want to listen to any of his excuses.” On the outside I sounded strong, but inside, I was crying just thinking about his name.

           “Maggs, you know you don’t have to,” I cut Lissy off.

           “But I want to, I want for him to know that I'm not hiding and to stop looking for me. I can’t believe Paul hasn’t looked for me here.”

           “I think he knows how much you’re hurting.” Louis was right, Paul was a great guy. (A/N sorry laughed when I wrote that, my ex’s name was Paul and he cheated :P )

           “Yeah, anyways I talked to Liam last night and he says the guys are furious, they might come over today if that’s ok with you,” so that’s who Lissy called last night. Figures.

           “You know what, I’d really love that, I need a fun time before we leave.” For the first time since I had gotten off the airplane, I was glad we were leaving. Of course I would miss the boys, but I could text or Skype them anytime I wanted. I finished breakfast and went to my room. I wanted to call Harry before my emotions and sense came back. Louis followed me in and closed the door. He pulled out his phone and handed it over; before I could take it he put his hand over it.

           “Are you sure?” his soft blue eyes shone with concern, just like the first time I had met him.

           “Yes, Louis I have to do this.” He nodded and held my hand. I dialed the number and waited hopefully for his voicemail. He picked up on the second ring.

           “Louis, where are you?” I forgot I was using his phone.

           “No, it’s me,” I replied calmly.

           “Maggie! Are you alright, god I am so sorry please just let me explain.” Hearing his voice made my knees weak and I sunk down to the bed, Louis sat next to me, rubbing small circles on my hand with his thumb. I remained silent; I had no idea what I was going to say.