Girl Time Intrupted

“Who is it?” I called down to Lissy in a really high voice. If the guys were there I was so busted.

           “Just me, the guys had to wait at the studio,” Thank god!

           “So why can’t you come up?” I yelled back

           “Because I'm a lazy ass you know that.” That was true.

           “Well maybe I'm lazy too!” I called back.

           “I have muffins!” damn her.

           “Fine, I'm coming.” She knew my weakness was muffins. I trudged downstairs and poked my head around the final corner to make sure we were alone. We were.

           “Come on Maggs, you can’t stay up there forever!” she called to the stairs.

           “I'm right here!” I stepped out of the corner and she jumped.

           “Damn it! You scared the fuck out of me!”

           “Language!” I scolded. “And where are my muffins?” she pointed to a white bag on the table and I ran over to it. “Blueberry!” I announced happily as I grabbed the muffin from the bag. A piece of paper fell out and I bent to pick it up. It was folded and on the front was a drawing of a fly. The bug, not pant contraption. I opened up the paper and read it to myself.

Check this fly too? And I'm not a stalker! –Lou xx

            I smiled at the note and began to blush. I folded it back up and stuck it in the pocket of my jean shorts.

            “What’s that?” Lissy pointed to the note and I blushed more.

            “Louis wrote a note.” I smiled like a big idiot and held my hand over the pocket as if the fly would come to life and fly the note away.

            “You like him don’t you,” she said in a knowing voice.

            “No,” I said defensively. “He’s just a great friend.”

            “Yeah a great friend who slept over with you last night. That’s where he wasn’t he!?”

            “No he didn’t sleep with me!” that sounded weird. “We fell asleep on the couch during a movie is all.”

            “But he stayed with you, how did he even find out you were here?” She sat down on the couch in the room and I sat next to her.

            “I think he saw me at the airport but he came up to my room after the guys left and waited on my bed.” I knew he was a stalker. Just saying those things out loud made him seem like a stalker.

            “Aww!” she held her heart and I rolled by eyes trying to hide my blush. “He likes you,” she said like she had just cured cancer.

            “No way! I told you were just friends.”

            “But remember what he said when you left last time! He told you he liked you!” ah, those memories.

            “I'm pretty sure he was just saying that. Come on Lis he’s a world famous pop star and I'm just some girl that got caught up in all of this.” I still couldn’t believe I even knew the guys. I was living every 12 year olds dream!

            “Maggie think. Would he spend all this time with you, protect you from Harry, his best friend, if he didn’t feel something!” damn her and her logic.