Chapter Forty-Five.

Hiiiiii! Here's the next chapter, hope you enjoy! :3

Please vote and comment!

<3

**

“Come on. Up. You’re going to this barbecue whether you like it or not.”

I groaned and rolled over, trying to ignore the incessant prodding on my back that was coming from my dad. He’d been hovering over my bed for the best part of fifteen minutes now, and I just wanted him to leave me alone and let me go back to sleep.

“I don’t feel very well.” I lied, burying my face into the pillow. “I think I’m sick.”

I’m sick.” He replied. “Sick of you hiding away in your room like some kind of hermit. What has gotten into you this past week, huh?”

Nothing!”

Eleven o’clock in the morning and that was my second lie of the day already.

Of course, what had really gotten into me was that I was trying my absolute hardest to avoid Zacky in any way possible. It certainly hadn’t been easy, considering this past week the Avenged family had spent even more time together than usual. But I’d not spoken to him, looked at him, or even acknowledged him being there.

I wasn’t sure if anyone had noticed, but right now, I didn’t really care. Charlotte and Linds had probably picked up on something, but even they wouldn’t have figured out the situation.

“I’m serious, Midge.” My dad continued to nag me, perching himself on the edge of my bed. “All you’ve done recently is hide up here and not talk to anyone. Are you mad at me? Is it because I went to see my parents?”

I rolled my eyes. “No. I told you. I’m sick.”

I knew he didn’t buy it in the slightest, but that was another thing I didn’t care about. I’d been too down about the whole situation to even worry that my dad might have figured something was wrong between Zacky and I. He could think whatever he wanted.

“Well, whatever.” He sighed. “You’re coming to this barbecue and that’s final. Charles and Linds go back to school soon and with all their school work, you won’t be able to see them as much. Get up and get ready.”

With that, he stood up and left the room, shutting the door behind him.

And I rolled out of bed, a huge sigh escaping my lips as I realised I actually wasn’t going to be able to get out of going to this stupid barbecue.

**

I couldn’t remember the last time I was this uncomfortable.

No one seemed to notice as I blended in the background, sat on a lawn chair in the shaded part of the garden, right in the corner, trying to distance myself from everyone else.

Charlotte and Linds were off talking to the girls while the guys fooled around in the pool, and I tried to seem interested in my phone. No one questioned my reluctance to socialise, thankfully, but I couldn’t shift the uncomfortable feeling inside of me as my gaze kept wandering over to Zacky.

He seemed totally fine and normal. He’d not said a word to me, but he didn’t appear to be freaking out about the situation or feeling uncomfortable like I was. It eventually got too much for me, and I felt his eyes on me when I abruptly stood up and wandered inside, making my way into the kitchen to get a drink.

I felt much more comfortable there, leaning against the counter as I sipped on a bottle of water, the shouts of everyone else only being a mere sound in the background. Though the comfort soon disappeared when I heard someone enter the room, and Zacky appeared next to me, rifling through the fridge.