Deadly Presence

Rihanna - Same Ol' Mistakes

Alicia's P.O.V.

My face froze at his words. "Kill you?", I asked not sure if I heard correctly, but I continued thinking. All of this sounded absurd and out of place.

 "W-why would anyone want to kill you?", I stuttered in a confused, saddened, and scared tone.

 Jacob's head nodded slightly, trying to regain his composure and find his voice. "It's not easy Alicia, you see...", he broke off, trying to stop himself from being so damn emotional, and instead he decided not to say anything at all. 

"Forget it.", he said, curtly taking one step forward to leave, immediately I stepped in his way putting my small palm in his chest. "No. Tell me why. Why are they trying to kill you? Tell me who? Please!", I begged. Jacob took a deep breath inhaling.

 "I am worth a lot dead, little one.", he said slightly putting his hand on my shoulder. "That's all I'm saying.", he warned. Somehow I felt and heard that warning, knowing if I asked again, I would get nothing out of him.

 I just slightly nodded my head in confusion and anger to whoever was trying to harm him but who? Who could want to harm him? Was it that mysterious Roc from the ball? They both seemed to have some history together, and not a positive one at that by the way they were looking at each other as if they were going to murder in seconds. I gave my thoughts a rest as I felt his hand slide through the crook of my arm. 

"Let's go, lovely one.", he said with a raspy non-audible sense of emotion that I grasped for a second. 

"Yes of course.", I replied, forcing myself to give a small smile. We walked slowly together in the light of the moonlight. By now, everyone seemed to be resting and dreaming profoundly. Jacob and I were the last ones to go to sleep...as always. 

"Did you enjoy yourself tonight?", he asked, looking down at me. "Oh yes!", my smile widened, looking up at him intensely in the eyes. 

"It was wonderful, although...", I paused recalling our "engagement announcement" back there with Chanel and his promise of an explanation later. "Although?", he questioned with a small sharp grin in the corner of his sensuous lips forming slightly.

I pointed slightly back to the castle with a confused chuckle. "What was that all about? The engagement.", I smirked a little at him as I slid my hands around his waist, looking up at him with a tender gaze.

 "Since when are we engaged, Mr. Perez?", I asked as he gave out a rich chuckle, throwing his head back. "I had to. She was really testing my temper. That bitch just couldn't take a hint. How can I let someone slide after I know how much hell that little piece of shit put you through?", he grinned. 

I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out. I sensed something, somehow I felt something. A surrounding presence. A disgusting dark and possessed presence. I looked around slightly in confusion. 

"What is it?", he asked, looking at me with confused emotion. "Someone is here. It's not good. Jacob, let's get out of here quick!", I whispered high enough for him to hear. Jacob's eyebrows snapped quickly together, looking around as he took my hand in his and started pacing faster than planned.

Chanel's P.O.V.
I stared intensely at the couple in front of my eyes. That little bitchy SLUT! I clenched my fist in rage and madness. The only reason why I came here was to take Mr. Perez to an altar and later live the way he lived, to have his name, and to have the most handsome and most powerful man alive. However, that's all gone now! That little slut will not get her way. No she won't. I will make sure of it. Even if that means killing her.