Two Paths Cross

Theme Song: Alicia Keys - Mr. Man

Nobody's P.O.V.

It was now midnight and Alicia thought it was ridiculous to wait any longer. He wasn't gonna come and she was dressed up like some goddess and it was all for nothing. She didn't feel comfortable. She now knew who Mr. Perez was in reality. She read all that he had accomplished at such a young age. She also read how respected he is and also how many women he's been seen with. He was a womanizer and quite the ladies' man. Hell, the man had the looks of Zeus! Alicia finally stood up from the couch and made her way to the shelf to put her book up.

Jacob's P.O.V.

I finally came to my mansion and made my way to my study. I passed the hallway, finally reaching my study. I froze when I saw the door slightly opened and there was a light coming from inside. Who the hell is in my office?! Nobody was allowed in my office unless I permitted them to. Nobody was bold enough to disobey me. I violently pushed the door open until I heard a feminine voice loudly crying in pain.

Alicia's P.O.V.

"Owwwww!", I shouted in pain.

 I was just about to get out of the office when the door violently opened and hit my tiny, delicate nose. I fell to the floor, tears of pain filling my eyes. That shit hurt like hell!! Damn, no matter where I go I can't escape getting hurt physically or emotionally!!! I think I'm one of those people that's prone to get hurt. This is the last time I'm comin' to this man's office! Is this how he's "so respected"?! By making people wait for hours and violently opening a door like a damn banshee?! I knew it was him because my stomach started doing twists and turns. This is gonna be a long night.

Jacob's P.O.V.

I looked down, looking at a woman on the floor. The woman wore a white dress made out of silk. Wait a second. Only one of my women would wear such expensive and elegant gowns. What is one of my mistresses doing here?! I leaned down, trying to pick her head up to get her to look at me. 

"Look up, love.", I said in a husky voice that I always used for my many women. 

I slowly cupped her chin and brought her up to look at me. Watery, hazel eyes looked up at me. My eyes widened in surprise. Dear Lord, it's her! It's Alicia! What was she doing with such a gown?! It's not age-appropriate! She's a child! I quickly picked her up bridal style and carried her to the couch. 

She slowly uncovered her nose and there was blood on her fingers. "Oh God.", I said in a concerning tone. 

I quickly went to my desk, getting a whole box of tissues. How could I have hurt a child?! How?! I leaned down and looked at her. She was staring at me in a very astonished way. 

"I'm sorry, little one.", I said in a very concerned tone. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to.", I apologized sincerely. 

Let me tell y'all something about me. I RARELY say sorry. I really don't. However, when it comes to a child, I couldn't control my apologies. I got three tissues and dabbed them on her small, petite nose. She looked at me in a somewhat curious way. I know what you guys may be thinking. Why are you so concerned and scared for her?  The truth is, I have a passion for children and I hate to see them suffer or be in pain. I couldn't believe that they had dressed her in this type of clothing. I was mad and furious at whoever thought that this was age-appropriate! 

Alicia's P.O.V.

"Who dressed you like this?"

"The dressmaker.", I replied

Did he not like it? I probably look hideous in this dress! I felt a tug of sadness inside me. I don't know why the thought of him not liking it affected me so much. 

"Don't you like it?", I asked him looking at his eyes attentively. 

Jacob's P.O.V.

Oh my God. She was so beautiful. It made no sense!! I looked into her eyes, shifting a little bit, trying to control myself. She had some beautiful eyes. They were so big and cat-like!! They were so tempting and the fact that she was just inches away was DANGEROUSLY lustful.

 "It's not that, little one. It's just that it's not age-appropriate.", I told Alicia. 

Alicia's P.O.V.

I was confused as hell because Genevieve told me for sure that the dress was age-appropriate. 

"She told me it was appropriate for my age."

I gazed at him. His dark, soft curls hung down to his eyes. He was just so beautiful and handsome. Just having him so close made my stomach feel fluttery. What in the hell is happening to me?

Jacob's P.O.V.

I looked at her as she gazed at me. I found it so sexy and so innocent, knowing she had no idea what she was doing to me!! She looked like she was admiring me. Oh God, her stare was just so beautiful! 

"Who was your dresser?", I managed to say as I stood up and got away from her. 

"Genevieve."

She began as she held the tissue to her nose. I know I shouldn't have pulled away so quickly and I know that it confused her but if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to control myself! 

"She said it was age-appropriate.", she said as she was trying to find a spot on the tissue where there was no blood. I quickly went and grabbed another tissue, holding it to her nose. Since when does Genevieve think that this is appropriate for her?! 

"What? For God's sake, you are just a young girl.", I said in a low voice. 

"What? A young girl?", Alicia questioned.

 "Yes. How old are you?", I asked looking at her shocked, offended expression. 

"I'm 23 going on 24, sir.", she replied. 

Oh. My. God.