I'm Here...

Theme Song: Teyana Taylor - Issues/Hold On

The next day...

Alicia's P.O.V.

England is so beautiful

England is so beautiful. The town truly came to life as I watched the buildings pass me by as glanced through the limo window as it drove by passing beautiful, historical, ancient buildings. I still wasn't quite sure as to why Mr. Perez wanted to take me out of the country in such a rush.

 As much as I wanted to ask, it was probably best if I didn't. Since our journey, I have been desperately trying to ignore him. No, he wasn't annoying me or trying to flirt with me, but over these past couple of days, I find myself thinking about him. His kisses...his handsome face...how he held me. I find myself daydreaming over him. These feelings and emotions literally scare the shit out of me because I have no clue if he feels anything for me. I know nothing about love relationships or anything of that manner. Part of me wants to admit my feelings for him, but the other half of me is afraid.

Jacob's P.O.V.

I can tell that Alicia has been trying to ignore me. However, to be honest, I've been trying to ignore her as well. I was beginning to feel that bringing her to England with me was a big mistake for my sensual needs. She was far too tempting and the feeling that she brought me was undeniable. The truth is, I'm beginning to have deep feelings for Alicia, and it's way past lust. I love how she stands up to me. Even though we have a deal, it's a certain look she gives that she wants to tell me off. 

She's a woman not afraid to speak her mind. Part of me just wants to hold her in my arms and tell her everything that I'm feeling. However, another part of me is afraid. I saw her curious face looking out of the window. She looked like a little girl looking at a candy store. She looked completely adorable! 

"Enjoying the view, Ms. Alicia?", I ask, before realizing I had broken the silence between us without even noticing it. Alicia slowly gazed beside her shoulder. 

"Very much, it's a beautiful place.", Alicia stated as she finished gazing back at the window, trying to avoid my gaze. I studied her profile. Her soft caramel skin, and black hair as the night tied in an elegant bun. Then and there, my mind really began to wonder about her. Where did she come from? Who was she? In reality, I knew her name was Alicia, but Alicia what? What was her last name? Why was she in the streets? Where was her family? 

"What's your last name?"

Alicia's P.OV.

 "What's your last name?", I heard Jacob ask me. My heart skipped a beat. I didn't know. I really didn't know. All that I knew was that my first name was Alicia because that's what the letter said when I was abandoned. Picture a newborn in a local trash can. Yeah, that's right, a trash can. Why did he want to know all of a sudden? Probably when he finds out, he will let me go. "I don't know.", I replied hoping he'd at least change the subject.

Nobody's P.O.V.

"I don't know.", she said seriously. Jacob looked at her curiously."What do you mean you don't know?" 

Alicia swallowed nervously. She never really wanted to talk about her terrible past. There was always that knot in her throat that formed when she thought about her childhood. "I don't have the last name, okay?!", she hissed trying to sound normal, instead she sounded...defensive. 

Her day was already ruined by the question, and she didn't want any more questions from him. It was just so humiliating and painful for her to say it, but she did before he shot another question.

 "I'm an orphan okay? Just in case you're wondering. I was abandoned by my parents. I was found in a local trash can.", she replied trying to control her painful emotions as tears began to form in her eyes. 

She still looked out the window. Only this time she wasn't enjoying the view. She was trying to control herself and ignore the fact that he was staring at her. She hated to cry. She just HATED it!! However, something about his presence wanted to make her burst into tears and throw herself in his arms. 

"Alicia?", Jacob said, noticing how wonderful her name sounded without the formalities. His heart began to break for her. This wasn't his intention. He just wanted to learn more about her. 

He looked at her and she didn't respond. "I'm sorry I di-", he got cut off by Alicia. "Don't."

She HATED when people felt sorry for her. She hated when they took pity. Jacob heard the crack in her voice. It was so emotional that he felt a hard feeling in his chest towards her...something that made him wanna pull her towards him and comfort her. 

"Little one...", he said with a fierce tenderness that made Alicia's emotions grow deeper. She felt caged. There was something in the tone of his voice that was unbelievable. She didn't want him to see her like this. She didn't want anybody to see her like this, and he was making it extremely difficult. She held in her breath, pressing her lips together, trying not to let a single sob escape her lips. 

Jacob's P.O.V.

"Little one...look at me.", I said tenderly as I leaned in to touch her shoulder.

 "Please...d-don't.", she choked painfully, but I didn't listen. I pulled her towards me in a swift movement. I cupped her chin, looking into her eyes. 

What I saw was a look of hurt and anguish..a look of innocence and loss. I could tell she was holding back tears with all her will. However, another sob escaped from her lips and a tear unwillingly slid down her cheek. I felt an unexplainable emotion that left me speechless. 

"Ohh no, please don't cry.", I groaned tenderly as I cupped her face between my palms, pulling her to my chest.

 How could her parents possibly abandon their own child?! Why should she, an innocent child, pay for their mistakes or shortcomings?! They disgust me and I don't even know them!! Alicia began to sob quietly, not trying to make it obvious that she was crying, but I kept caressing her back tenderly.

 However, this made her cry even harder. I know that my actions surprised the hell out of her, but I wanted to show her how much I care. I felt her shoulders shake between her sobs. Good Lord...an orphan? She grew up without the love and care of loving parents. She grew up without a mother who was supposed to teach their daughters on how to become women. She grew up without a father who's supposed to be the first man in a little girl's life. To teach her about men and what to expect and what not to expect. She let out another sob and this time I held her closer as if the pain would somehow pass to me.

 "There, there little one.  It's okay, I'm here.", I whispered in her ear as I caressed her soft hair and kissed her temple. Her arms wrapped tightly around me. Oh, how I wish that I could take away all of her loneliness and sadness from all these years. She buried her face in my chest. I just wanted her to feel comfort and protection for once...to feel that someone cared for her, and I want that someone to be me. She cradled closer to me, her cries taking an end.

 "Thank you.", she muffled into my shirt, meaning every word. I felt a strong emotion of....sadness.I kissed the top of her head. "I'll be here for you, little one.", I said meaning every single word.