Fire We Make

Theme Song: Maxwell - Lifetime

Jacob's P.O.V.

The smell of cigar and cologne mixed with expensive brandy lingered around the poker table

The smell of cigar and cologne mixed with expensive brandy lingered around the poker table. "I must say, I am impressed Perez.",  Andre, Duke of Westminister said, astonished with my amazing skills in gambling.

 I took a sip of my brandy, savoring the bitter liquid burning down my throat. I then slightly leaned back in my chair in a comfortable position looking at everyone who was now looking at me with astonishment as well. See, I was the type of man who never lost, to anybody, and I had that very memorized in the center of my being.

 "Yes! I must say the young boy has some mad skills!! Almost won all the money from all of us!", Roc, Duke of Genovia said, looking at me from across the table. 

Everyone was impressed...really impressed by my presence and power over the room. It seemed as if I was untouchable. "Well, $40,000 down.", Andre said not wanting to gamble everything, afraid he'd lose not to the other men, but that he'd lose to me, Jacob Perez. 

"All in.", I said, gambling everything.

 My cards were the winning cards. I could feel it. I would win...again! "You seem very secure, Perez.", Andre said. I gave him a small, surprised, dry look. "I do?", I asked innocently.

 Oh trust, I am. Andre put down his cards, which were straight Queens. I turned in my cards which were Aces.....Straight Aces. "He wins again.", Andre felt laughter bubble up inside of him.

 I guess you say how can a young man like me beat him? Well, Andre was the best until I came along. "Well, gentlemen..", Andre began, as he got up from his seat. "I will have to take leave, and return to my husbandly duties.", he finished. 

I saw a hint of excitement on his face. How can a man be so excited to see a woman who he has seen for so many years already?? I never got how a man could tie himself to marriage. If you ask me, it's like jail. Complete torture to not have any freedom and manly liberty. However, it seemed like it didn't really bother Andre.

 On the contrary, he seemed very happy. That is something I could never see myself doing or being. I didn't fall in love. I didn't believe in such a thing. I snapped out of my thoughts, getting the feeling that I should excuse myself as well. I was exhausted as hell and needed rest.

 "Well gentlemen, I am afraid I will also have to excuse myself. I will see you gentleman tonight.", I replied.

 With that, I left after Andre. Walking up the stairs and passing hallway after hallway, getting to the bed chambers, I paused as someone crossed my mind...Alicia. She was there, or was she? All I knew was that she was on my mind. It was all a mistake bringing her here and being so damn close to her, in the same room. I slightly turned the doorknob, walking inside the door, and closed it back.

 I walked inside and heard no noise. Everything was serene and peaceful. I took off my jacket and threw it carelessly aside on a couch. I felt a pain in my back that was very tense, making me close my eyes. I needed rest and I needed it now! I walked in looking around for a sign of Alicia but there was none. My mind began to momentarily panic. Did she escape? Did she still want to escape? 

"Damn you!", I yelled, frustrated at the fact that I reacted over this wench! I heard a tiny, little groaning voice coming from the direction of the bed. 

"Do you really have to yell? Damn! I'm trying to rest!", she snapped.

 My heart skipped a small beat as I began to ridiculously walk over to the bed and there she was laying comfortably. Her eyes were wide open staring at mine. I felt ridiculous standing there looking at her, I finally managed to speak.

 "I-I'm sorry I woke you.", I said. Reality hit me INSTANTLY! Sorry? What the fuck was happening to me?! Confessing an apology to a woman and meaning it! 

"Just don't do it again! You scared the hell out of me!", Alicia hissed sitting up in bed, yawning as her hand went up to her head. "You should rest.", she said sleepily. 

I looked at her and smiled lightly at her. I couldn't rest beside her. It would be far too tempting! "No, I'm not tired.", I lied rocking slightly on my feet. 

"Really?! You look dead!", she said. I gave in a rich throaty chuckle. "Well, I accept the splendid compliment, Miss.", I said. 

"I think it's best that you do.", she said in a serious tone that I couldn't ignore and the glint in her eyes. 

Did she care for me? Something about that thought alone made a tug of emotion explode in my chest. Not knowing what to do with such emotion, I turned around quickly letting out a rapid breath. 

"I will be fine.", I reassured out loud to myself. "No you won't.", she responded, sounding somehow emotionally attached.

 Damn her voice! I turned on one heel looking at her. "You should rest.",I replied and with that, I walked across the chamber to take leave.

 "Wait!", she raised her voice. I felt like she didn't want me to leave. Almost like she wanted me here with her...in the same room with her. 

I felt like she wanted me, just me. I paused at the urgent tone and slowly turned to see her widened hazel eyes, those big, beautiful eyes. "I....well...", she felt her cheeks burn because she knew I was waiting for an answer. "Well...aren't you going to just rest for a bit? Just a bit?", she asked looking at me with the most adorable, innocent-looking face. 

The pain in my back began to intensify, making me jerk a bit. My hand went to the back of my neck while my eyes closed letting out a deep breath. "Are you okay?", Alicia asked attentively, jumping out of bed.

 I knew I didn't look good, but I didn't wanna be a burden...not to her. "Where?", she asked saddened that I was in pain. "I'm fine. I have to go.", I lied. "No! You are not leaving like this. Look at you!", she said extremely concerned. 

There was something in her eyes, a glint of urgency and attentiveness that made me feel something unusual....cared for. Alicia grasped my hand rapidly leading me to the bed. "C'mon now, lay down.", she said softly. 

Without any fight or remark, I obeyed. For the first time in my life, I obeyed!!! And it felt so weird, but not so much. Only because it was Alicia, every single adventure with her is weird but has so much excitement to it and so much happiness in its own way. Alicia leaned down looking at me. My heart was beating out of my fucking chest!! 

"Where does it hurt?", she asked. "My back...not a big deal.", I answered huskily. "It is a big deal. A nerve in your back must be bothering you. Please lay down on your stomach.", she replied.

 I gave her a dry look. "What?!", I retorted. "No nothing!", Alicia exclaimed.

 With that, I obeyed once again, and once again it felt odd to obey so frequently, ESPECIALLY to a woman. Alicia's hands began to travel smoothly across the planes of my back trying to find a damaged nerve. My muscles tightened...the tingle of her touch made me weak. I wanted her underneath me, to feel her softness and plunge into her. Her fingers began to dive into my back.

 "Don't flex.", she said softly. "I'm not!", I fought back. "Yes you are.", she said in a very soothing voice. I tried to relax but I couldn't. Her presence and her touch were intoxicating, and I was getting aroused by the minute.