A New World

Theme Song: Amel Larrieux - Gills & Tails

Alicia's P.O.V.

This place is so beautiful! Wow. This man must be a king or somebody important. I just can't believe he offered me his help. His house looked absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. It looked more like a resort than a house. I couldn't believe I was staying here.

 I couldn't believe I was staying here

"We're here.", he said.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me. Hmmm. He seems like a gentleman so far. That's something I'm definitely not used to.

"Thank you.", I replied.

"No need to be shy, sweetheart.", he said in a dry tone, making me feel somewhat uneasy.

I guess I spoke too soon. Maids were already waiting at the door, looking at me with eyes of curiosity. One thing I hate is to be stared at. I'm not some damn statue at a museum! It's always made me feel weird. 

"Eleanor.", Jacob stated as the maids gave him their undivided attention.

"Yes, Mr. Perez?"

"Please help Ms. Alicia settle in. Give her a room where she can shower and also clothe her.", he said calmly but with authority.

With that, he left and went inside. I caught the maids giving him flirtatious stares but he didn't seem phased by them because he would ignore every single one of them. Clearly, his ego is way too elevated. I followed Eleanor as she led me into the beautiful estate. The inside décor was phenomenal! It had a modern look but also with a touch of an Italian essence. I was led into a beautiful bedroom that screamed royalty. Anyone could see that great detail and care went into building this house.

"Here we are, sweetheart.", Eleanor said in a calming tone, making me feel welcome.

I nodded and followed Eleanor into the bedroom that was fit for royalty

I nodded and followed Eleanor into the bedroom that was fit for royalty. It was HUGE!! How can someone afford something so luxurious? This man was clearly powerful. I hadn't managed to see him clearly. It's really dark and he's already out of sight. I wonder how he really looks! 

Jacob's P.O.V.

There's something very intriguing about Alicia. I have to know more about her. She seems so young though. Usually, I pass up bystanders but I don't know why I couldn't. Something about her struck me. She seems very mysterious. Almost like she has a story that's never been told.

I'll never forget her eyes. They looked like she'd been crying for days. Poor child. Most people think I'm cold and heartless. I have a heart and feelings. I just don't wear my heart on my sleeve. I really do hope that Alicia enjoys her stay here.

It'd be nice to have some company rather than the few mistresses that come and go from time to time. People think I have everything because I'm rich and ladies throw themselves at my feet. However, having the world at your feet doesn't mean anything if you don't have anybody to share it with.