Deepest Fears

Jhene Aiko - 3:16 A.M.

Alicia's P.O.V.

The night was almost over and everything was being put away, and almost everyone was taking leave. I couldn't blame them. It was very tiring. It was one hour past midnight already! I tapped Naomi's shoulder.

"I'm afraid I will have to take leave to the chambers. I am extremely exhausted.", I said to her.

Naomi leaned into me, giving me a warm hug. "Well of course, honey! Please take rest. Tomorrow there will be a a breakfast with the girls, if you wish to join.", Naomi said with a smile.

I nodded. "Yes of course. I will try my hardest to attend!", I replied.

I had to. I had let down her invitation from this morning, so I had to make it up to my dear friend. With that, I made my way out of the ballroom, looking around for Jacob. He was no where in sight. No where to be seen.

"Strange.", I murmured to myself, finding myself in suspicion for no apparent reason.

I traveled around the poker tables but he was nowhere. I went around the bar, he was not there either. That's very strange. Too strange actually. Jacob is the type of man to be out until the latest hours. I began to walk out to the nearest hallway, which seemed solitary and quite isolated from everything and everyone. I kept walking not even sure why, but something peeked my curiosity, and advised me to keep on walking.

I followed to a set of french doors with high glass windows, and it seemed to be leading outside

I followed to a set of french doors with high glass windows, and it seemed to be leading outside. It was dark, very dark, but I somehow opened them and a gush of wind came rushing to my face. It was a chilly wave that was rushing through my body. I went out finding myself in a balcony, a big spacious white balcony leading both ways.

It was dark. Just the light from beside the castle sustained a dim light, but that was it. I walked to my left trailing soft steps. I constantly told myself that I'm just exploring. "Castles are ridiculously huge!", I thought to myself, walking across the creepy balcony.

I felt myself being trapped in a horror film, where the victim was on her way to the demonic closet opening it. But somehow that made my adrenaline become alive even more. I kept walking across it, my heart skipped a beat when I saw a silhouette, a familiar silhouette, and this shadow seemed to be leaning over the balcony in deep thought with hands laced together.

"Jacob?", I called out in a confused tone.

What in Heaven's name was Jacob doing here? He didn't respond, didn't dare to respond. He was so drowned in his own thoughts.

 "Jacob? Is that you?", I asked, walking closer and closer to him finally reaching him

"Jacob? Is that you?", I asked, walking closer and closer to him finally reaching him. I touched his shoulder, gaining his attention.

"Alicia?", he choked. I took out a light gasp when I heard his voice. Was he... crying?!

"Jacob?", I asked tenderly, taking my palm to the side of his face and making him look at me. And when he did, his eyes were a pool of emotions and blocked thoughts that seemed so bottled up inside him.

I didn't even ask anything. I didnt want to, because whatever it was, it was troubling. I immediately hugged him, hugged him so tenderly and with such raw emotion that Jacob let out another emotion reap out. I held him as if his pain would transfer to me somehow.

"Alicia. Oh Alicia, please, help me.", he pleaded desperately. Such desperation made an emotional lump form in my throat, with tears flooding my eyes. Why was it that seeing him like this made me want to weep? His arms went around me in urgency, crashing into me.

"Shh...I'm here.", I said soothingly. "I'm here...", I said.

I wanted to pamper him. I wanted to get rid of whatever salty emotion in him and bring sweet ones. My arms hugged him tighter around his waist bringing him into me, crashing our bodies together. It was in this moment when I knew that I was madly in love with Jacob Perez.

Jacob's P.O.V.
My head hid in her neck, shivery breaths escaping my lips. Her head cradled to the side of mine, comforting me. I know what you all are thinking. What could be so outrageously wrong that it has him like this? Mr. Perez crying? Mr. Perez is supposed to be demanding, strong, confident, unbreakable.

Right now it seemed that it all has to break down at some point. Now I am pleading Alicia to help me, but help me with what? She's just so loving. She didn't even hesitate to pull me in her arms. Believe me when I say I'm completely in love with Alicia. She took her hands to my head, pulling it up cradling her hand on each side of my face.

"What's wrong?", she asked trying to find out what was really going on.

I stared at her eyes. Her hazel, big, hypnotizing eyes. "It's so much stress, so much. I can't take it. I feel I'm breaking Alicia.", I confessed in a shivery whisper.

"You mean the business world?", Alicia asked trying to get closer to my conclusion.

"That and more. They just don't understand. What I have, I've earned. I wasn't born on a pedestal. I wasn't born in a bed of gold. I started having nothing...and now that I've risen to such world-wide power, they want...", I paused not wanting to say more.

"They want what?", she pleaded into my eyes. I took a long breath and let it all out. "They...they want to see me dead. They want to kill me, Alicia.", I whispered.