Blind Side

Theme Song: Rihanna - Woo

Genevieve's P.O.V.

Larry and I were sitting at the doctor's office, awaiting the results of my bloodwork. To say I was nervous was completely an understatement. My foot tapped rapidly on the floor as I was soaked into my own thoughts. What if I really was pregnant? If Troy ever found out that I was pregnant, he'd stop at nothing to kill me and my baby. Larry placed a hand on my thigh, knocking me out of my deep thoughts. "It's okay, Gene. Everything gonna be okay.", he said, kissing my cheek.

Suddenly, a female doctor walked in our room, giving us a warm smile as she held a clipboard in her hands. I guess she could sense my nervousness because she sent me a smile and a wink.

"Hello, Ms

"Hello, Ms. Bourgeois. I'm Dr. Jane Smith and I have the results from your bloodwork that you did prior.", she said softly.

 I shook  her hand, offering her a smile and Larry did the same thing. "So, am I sick? What's going on?", I asked, cutting straight to the point.

 "According to my charts, the reason you've been throwing up and feeling nausea is that you're three weeks pregnant. Congratulations to both of you guys!", she said with a cheerful smile.

 "OMG, seriously?!", Larry said with that famous smile of his.

 Tears filled my eyes as I processed what my ears just heard. Dr. Smith prescribed me some prenatal vitamins and now we were headed home. "Gene, you okay?", Larry ask while he continued to drive.

 "Remember when I said I would open up to you?", I asked as he parked the car in front of our house. "Yeah. I ready whenever you are.", he said softly, caressing my cheek.

Moments later, we were in our room laid out across the bed, wrapped in each other's arms as music softly played in the background. Listening to his heartbeat has always relaxed me and it still does.

 "So, what you want me to know?", he asked as he ran his fingers through my hair. "Troy didn't only take my baby from me. He separated me from my entire family. My brother and I, Erik, used to be so close until he took away all means of communication. Once I started working for Jacob, I tried so hard to find them but I didn't have any luck. I miss my mom and brother so much. He was my heart.", I said as tears filled my eyes.

 "My mom would be so thrilled to hear I'm pregnant. I don't even know if she's living. I haven't heard from them in 2 years.", I said as Larry dried my tears as I laid on his chest.

Jacob's P.O.V.

I received a weird phone call and someone asking to meet up. Normally, I would've declined but if we are really gonna have any shot at beating Troy's ass, I need all the connections I could get. I got dressed and headed out to see what this meeting would lead me to. I walked into a café and ordered a Hazelnut Latte. "Jacob Perez?", I heard a low voice say. I turned around and there stood a black male with braids, wearing a denim shirt and some black sweats with Ray-Ban sunglasses.

 I turned around and there stood a black male with braids, wearing a denim shirt and some black sweats with Ray-Ban sunglasses

"Yes, I'm Jacob Perez. Are you the person that I talked to earlier?", I asked as he took a seat beside me. "Yeah, that's me. I'm Erik. Erik Stevens.", he said, shaking my hand. 

"What can I help you with?", I asked him with a raised eyebrow as I took a sip of my coffee as he took a seat across from me.

 "I hear that you've been planning to attack Troy and his organization. Is that true?", he asked. "That is very true. He will be getting fucked up very, very soon.", I said bluntly.

 "Good. I want in on taking him down.", he said with a fire in his eyes.

He immediately grabbed my attention

He immediately grabbed my attention. However, this situation is very fragile and I'm not trying to see Genevieve go through any more pain. She's dealt with more than enough. I had to know if he was to be trusted.

 "What would you be getting out of it? How do I know if I could trust you?", I asked. He took a sip of his coffee, clenching his jaw. 

"Let me make it simple for you. That bastard took something very precious from me and I intend on making his life hell until I get it back.

 "What did he take from you?", I asked curiously.

 "My sister, Genevieve. She was my sister. She was my best friend and he took everything from me. I heard that he took away her baby and I wanna kill him with my bare hands for causing her pain.", he said with the most intense look in his eyes. 

I nodded my head, completely understanding how he felt. I can't believe I've finally found Genevieve's brother. She cried so many nights over not being able to find them. This will make her so happy.

 "Is her mother still living? How is she?", I asked. "She's good. She just misses her daughter but she's doing okay.", he replied.

 I made a quick call to Larry to make sure Gene was still at the house. "You guys should come over later. She would love to see you. She never stopped looking for you.", I said, showing him a picture of his sister. 

"Beautiful as always.", he said with a genuine smile. "How much do you know about Troy's operation?", I asked as we finished our coffee.

 "Everything. I have an inside connection in his camp. If I were apart, it'd be an automatic bust. However, a good friend of mine is in his camp and has given me access to everything.", he said with a smirk.

"Erik Killmonger, welcome to the team. Troy finally gets the ass whoopin' he rightfully deserves.", I said, smiling a smile that was anything but innocent. "Let's go get that motherfucka.", he said, dapping me. Troy wants a war, well this nigga just got one.