Crush || a.i.

You walked down the school hallway, laughing along with your friends at a story they had told. You could say that you were the popular girl at school, but you weren't the next generation of mean girls. You liked to think you were a nice person, not that typical slutty bitch that was popular for being hot.

You loved your friends but they could be a little two-faced at times, which you kind of hated, but you didn't complain.

You waved to your friends as they headed off to their classes as you continued to walk down the hallway until you reached your math class. You loved math, it was one of your favourite subjects, you kept that to yourself because people in your high school were just downright judgemental.

And because off that judgemental attitude the entire school seemed to have, you immediately fixed your appearance and now you're where you are today. The most popular girl in school. No one seemed to hate you, or at least you didn't know of anyone who hated you.

You pushed the classroom door open, only to be greeted by wandering eyes. You saw your teacher, Miss Francis, glaring at you. You looked up at the clock to see you were 10 minutes late.

"Sorry I'm late miss." You apologised. She nodded, not really bothering to yell at you, before telling you to take a seat. You quickly scanned the room for empty seats.

When you couldn't find any, you huffed in annoyance, and thats when you saw Dan, I guess you could call him the school 'jock', whispering at some kid to move out of the seat beside him. You walked over to the both of them and rested your hand on the kids shoulder.

"Dan its fine. I'll just sit," you paused and glanced around the room again, your eyes lighting up as you spotted a seat at the back. "back there." You smiled at him as he turned around, seeing your chosen seat and scoffing.

"Good luck with that, babe." He smirked as you furrowed your eyebrows together in confusion. "You're gonna be stuck with Ashton Irwin. He's a total nerd." He scoffed, but by now you had zoned out.

You nodded, not really listening to what he was saying to you, before walking to the very back row of the classroom, and taking your seat. You never really like Dan. You always thought he was a bit of a douche. He was so incredibly vain and full of himself and it seriously pissed you off the way he would degrade everyone around him - other than yourself and a couple others - just because he was the popular guy.

You just wished he wasn't such a flirt all the time when he talks to you, cause you honestly didn't like him like that, or in anyway at all. You snapped out of your thoughts as you heard Miss Francis yell your name.

"Sorry, what did you say?" You asked politely as she rolled her eyes in response before pointing to the board where she had written an equation.

"Simplify it." She stated, a small smirk on her face. Miss Francis thought I was average, just like everyone else.

I read the equation, '24x - 4(13x - 10x + 2) + x' you thought of all the possible answers, and when you had no conclusion, you knew she had written it wrong.

"Actually miss," you spoke, standing up from your seat and walking to the front of your class. She furrowed her eyebrows at you as you motioned for her whiteboard pen. She hesitantly gave it to you, and you rubbed out her mistake and began re-writing it. "You wrote the equation wrong." You stated. "You should have written, twenty four x, minus four, times by the brackets of, twelve x, minus ten x, plus two, and then plus x." You got caught up in the equation and started working on it. "Then you expand the brackets to, twenty four x, minus forty eight x, plus forty x, minus eight, and plus x."

"Actually-" you heard someone begin to interrupt you but before they could, you remembered that you forgot to simplify it.

"And then simplify it," You explained as you began on the equation again. "So the simplified equation is, seventeen x, minus eight." You smiled contently as you placed the whiteboard pen back on Miss Francis's desk. You turned to the class, and thats when you realised what you just done. "Shit." You mumbled before quickly rushing back to your seat. You slid down a little in your seat as you saw everyone staring at you in awe. You heard a couple people whispering but you ignored them as Miss Francis thanked you and continued her lesson.

After a half an hour of the lesson went by, you had managed to get stuck on one of the extension questions. You chewed on your pen as you tried to figure out the general formula.

"You need to times 70 by 360 and then divide the answer by the total, which is 100." You heard someone speak from beside you. You turned to your side you see a boy sat beside you. You furrowed your eyebrows, not realising this boy even existed till now. "And that was pretty impressive, you corrected the teacher and simplified an A* equation. I'm pretty sure half of the dimwits in here wouldn't be able to do that." He spoke, almost whispering, as he continued to write, not taking his eyes of the worksheet. You shook your head as you started writing down the formula he told you to do for the question.

"It was easy." You shrugged. "I just don't appreciate that Miss made me do in front of the entire class," You continued the conversation, whispering slightly as everyone was particularly quiet today. "I'll be considered as the 'geek' now I guess." You sighed.

"Being good at something doesn't make you a geek." He snapped as he placed his pen on his desk, and turned so he was looking over at you. You finally noticed his big hazel eyes. They were beautiful. You also noticed his thick black glasses that lay on his face, and his blondish hair which was a complete mess, but in a nice way. You weren't going to lie, he was cute. But you felt bad for not even knowing his name.

"Okay you have a point. But its just, no one really likes the smart kids, right?" You asked as he nodded before turning back to face his worksheet, and carrying on his work. "I'm Y/N by the way." You smiled a little as he scoffed, a small blush forming on his cheeks, before placing his pen back down and turning to face you again.

"I know who you are." He replied but you only shrugged because it was probably true, you were the popular girl, everyone seemed to know who you were.

"Okay, but it was a polite way of asking for your name." You smiled a little watching him hesitate before he smiled a little - his dimples evidently showing in his cheeks - and sticking out his hand for you to shake, which, of course, you did.

"Ashton Irwin, math geek, science nerd, and the worlds number one most unnoticed person." He smiled sheepishly as you let out a small laugh.

"Its nice to meet you Ashton Irwin." You smiled back at him before he nodded and turned back to his work sheet.

*~*~*

hm ash being a nerd? idk about that. he's so daddy af.