Overprotective || c.h.

"Have I ever told you guys how much I love you?" I cocked my head to the side in confusion as my 15 year old daughter, Ally, sat down in between Y/N and I.

"What do you want?" Y/N chuckled lightly. I wrapped an arm around Ally and pulled her close to me, kissing the side of her head.

"What? I don't want any-" She tried to play it off, but she really couldn't be more obvious when she wanted something.

"Ally, cut the act." I laughed halfheartedly as she sighed. "Tell me whats up princess, do you want something? do you need something?" I asked. "Is it your.. you know.. time of the mont-"

"Calum!" Y/N slapped the back of my head as Ally squealed in embarrassment.

"Dad!" Ally covered her blushing cheeks with her hands.

"Sorry, sorry," I chuckled, quickly moving Ally's hand from her face. "Sup baby girl?"

Ally sighed again, and looked down at her lap as she fiddled with her hands.

"I need to tell you guys something." She mumbled. "And then I guess I need to ask you guys something."

I frowned and placed my finger under her chin, lifting her head and kissing her forehead.

"You can talk to us about anything," Y/N smiled, moving her hand to Ally's hand and held it. She then moved her free arm behind Ally, and rested it on my shoulder reassuringly.

"Exactly," I nodded in agreement and shot Y/N a small smile.

"So I guess, officially, I have a boyfriend." Ally smiled slightly as she looked over at her mother.

I clenched my jaw and glanced down at Ally who was now looking up at me worriedly. "You have a what?" I snapped.

"Cal.." Y/N sighed.

"Dad," Ally frowned. "I really like him-"

"No," I quickly cut her off. "You can't see him anymore." I shrugged, not amused with her attitude towards this. How could she think I would be okay with this? She's mine. She's my baby.

"Come on. Don't be that asshole dad that-"

"Language!" Y/N scalded, lightly hitting the back of Ally's head.

"Mum," She groaned. "But dad seriously-"

"No, you're not going out with someone I haven't even met!" I raised my voice, causing Ally to push herself up from the sofa, crossing her arms over her chest as she glanced down at me.

"Dad, please," Her eyebrows furrowing together. "He asked me out. Dad no one's ever liked me before, but now he does. He likes me daddy, not anyone else." She pleaded, a small smile now growing on her lips.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. She was right. She had trouble fitting in, and now she's actually found someone and I'm holding her back.

"Who is he? I want to meet him before he's approved." I sighed after a couple moments of silence.

"Well dad... You've actually already met him..." Ally nervously laughed as she played with her fingers.

"Who is he?" I repeated, hoping it wasn't who I thought it was.

"Uh, Its Elliot.." She replied quietly.

My eyes widened as his name fell from her lips. Elliot Hemmings. Luke's kid. Out of everyone she could have picked and she chose him.

"Baby, it's okay." Y/N leaned over and whispered in my ear, resting her hand on mine.

"Okay." I exhaled heavily trying to calm myself. "I guess it could have been worse. Elliot is a good kid." I smiled as Ally grinned widely and climbed onto my lap, hugging me tightly.

"Thank you dad."

"Its okay, baby. Just be careful."

*~*~*

(calum is daddy af forreal)